11.13.18

Daymond John Dishes About Season 10 Of ABC's "Shark Tank"

“Shark Tank,” the critically acclaimed and multi-Emmy Award-winning entrepreneurial-themed reality show that has reinvigorated entrepreneurship in America, returned to The ABC Television Network this fall for its 10th season. The business-themed show that has become a culturally defining series and inspires a nation to dream bigger recently amassed an amazing $100 million in deals offered in the Tank. We sat down with Daymond John to talk about the hit ABC series and more. Be sure to check out Daymond John's 8-hour curriculum at "http://learnlikeashark.com/".

View Transcript

>>> HELLO WORLD, WHAT'S UP? WELCOME TO BUILD. WE'RE HERE AT THE BUILD STUDIO LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY. THE FOUNDER, PRESIDENT AND CEO OF FUGU AND APPEARS ON THE ABC SERIES "SHARK TANK." THAT'S RIGHT, THE SHOW THAT TAUGHT US A LITTLE FROM MR. WONDERFUL, THAT THE AMERICAN DREAM REALLY IS POSSIBLE. IT'S ENJOYING ITS TENTH SEASON, AND HERE'S THE SHARK HIMSELF, THE GREAT DAYMOND JOHN IS IN THE BUILDING. HOW ABOUT THAT? HERE HE IS.

>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

>> THANK YOU, MAN. IT'S SO AWESOME TO HAVE YOU BACK ON THE SHOW. CONGRATULATIONS. TEN SEASONS?

>> THE DECORATED DREAM, RIGHT?

>> A LOT OF GASPS AND AHS IN THE AUDIENCE. I'M EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT. HOW ARE YOU, FIRST AND FOREMOST? HOW IS DAYMOND?

>> LIFE IS GOOD. I'M ABOUT TO TURN THE BIG 5-0. I HAVE A TWO-YEAR-OLD BABY GIRL. I DO "SHARK TANK." I BEAT CANCER. I LIVE IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY OF ALL, SO LIFE IS GOOD, MAN.

>> WE'RE GOING TO HOLD FOR THE APPLAUSE RIGHT THERE, MAN.

>> THANK YOU.

>> THAT'S HARD TO ARGUE WITH. LIFE IS PRETTY GOOD. THAT SOUNDS WONDERFUL. CONGRATS ON ALL OF THAT, MAN. SINCE THINGS ARE SO GREAT, LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS GREAT SHOW. LET'S JUMP RIGHT INTO IT. TEN SEASONS, TEN YEARS.

>> TEN YEARS.

>> DO YOU KEEP A MENTAL TALLY? HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN SOME OF THE THINGS YOU'VE INVESTED IN AT THIS POINT?

>> I HAVE. I HAVE FORGOTTEN MUCH OF THE PITCHES OR MANY OF THE THINGS I'VE INVESTED IN, OF COURSE, BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE ONES THAT PROBABLY AREN'T DOING THAT WELL. I'VE BEEN SITTING NEXT TO MR. WONDERFUL FOR TEN YEARS. TEN YEARS. TEN YEARS OF HEARING HIM SAY PEOPLE ARE DEAD TO HIM, TAKE YOU BEHIND THE BARN AND SHOOT YOU. THAT BUSINESS HOWLS AT THE MOON. IT'S FANTASTIC.

>> HAVE YOU EVER AT THIS POINT -- I'M NOT SURPRISED YOU FORGET SOME OF THEM. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD AN IDEA, THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT AND THEN REALIZED IT WAS ALREADY A COMPANY YOU INVESTED IN?

>> NEVER SOMETHING I ALREADY HAVE UNDER THE BELT, BUT YOU GET TO WHERE YOU HAVE CUBAN AND BARBARA NEGOTIATING OVER IT, YOU'RE REALLY INTO IT, YOU INVEST IN THE COMPANY AND YOU TAKE IT TO YOUR FRIENDS IN THE INDUSTRY, AND THEY SAY, I'VE GOT 10 MILLION OF THAT IN THE WAREHOUSE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, YOU IDIOT? THEN YOU REALIZE YOU MAY NOT HAVE DONE THE RIGHT DEAL. THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES.

>> THAT HAPPENS A COUPLE TIMES. YOU MADE THE DEAL AND NOW WHAT DO WE DO?

>> WHAT DO WE DO?

>> WHAT DO YOU DO?

>> IT ALWAYS COMES DOWN TO THE ENTREPRENEUR. BECAUSE A LOT OF THOSE THINGS, NOTHING HAPPENS. BUT THERE'S ONE OR TWO OR A COUPLE OF THOSE THINGS THAT IT'S THE ENTREPRENEUR THAT SAID, I JUST MADE SMALL ADJUSTMENTS TO IT. I FOUND A NEW AUDIENCE. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I'M GOING TO PROVE YOU WRONG. AND THEY DO. PEOPLE LIKE BAMBA SOCKS. I'VE BEEN SELLING SOCKS FOR YEARS WITH FUBU SOCKS, RIGHT? IT WASN'T A BIG BUSINESS OF MINE BECAUSE I CAN'T TELL WHAT SOCKS YOU'RE WEARING, I CAN'T SEE WHAT'S GOING ON. THEY WERE IN A BUCKET FOR $5 FOR A PAIR EVERYWHERE. BUT BAMBA SOCKS STARTED OUT WITH $800,000. THEY SAID, I'LL DO THE DEAL JUST BECAUSE I KIND OF LIKE YOU GUYS, I LIKE THE CAUSE. THEY DID $60 MILLION THIS YEAR BECAUSE THEY MADE SMALL ADJUSTMENTS. THEY SOLD IT DIRECTLY TO THE CUSTOMER, THEY GAVE IT THE SAME TIME OF SELLING SO IS -- PEOPLE GOT INTO THE MOVEMENT. THEY TOOK OUT THE SEAMS IN THE TOE AND THAT ADJUSTMENT BROUGHT IN 60 MILLION DOLLARS TO THE COMPANY.

>> HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE THAT CORRELATION WHERE YOU TAKE A RISK JUST BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE THE PERSON WHO IS UP HERE TALKING TO ME RIGHT NOW.

>> ALL OF THE TIME THAT I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL WITH ANY COMPANY I'VE INVESTED IN OR ANY EMPLOYEE IS BECAUSE I LIKE THEM AND THEY LIKE ME. ALL THE TIME. IT HAS NEVER FAILED. SO I DON'T CARE WHO IS WATCHING NOW, YOU HAVE THE BEST IDEA OR, YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU HAVE YOUR FANCY DEGREE AND YOU'RE GOING TO GO WORK AT A COMPANY, KEEP YOUR HEADPHONES ON ALL DAY BECAUSE YOUR DEGREE IS WHY YOU'RE THERE, YOU'RE GOING TO GET FIRED SOONER OR LATER. YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE THE INVESTMENT. THE INVESTMENTS THAT I HAD THAT I DIDN'T LIKE THE PEOPLE, WHEN THERE WAS A PROBLEM, I DIDN'T WANT TO CALL THEM AND GET ON THE PHONE WITH THEM, THEY DIDN'T CALL ME. THEY TALKED TO THEIR LAWYERS, I TALKED TO MINE, AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, IT'S DEAD.

>> DID YOU KNOW THAT BEFORE YOU INVESTED IN THE PERSON?

>> NO, I FOUND OUT THEY WERE ASSHOLES LATER, OR THEY FOUND OUT I WAS AN ASSHOLE. EITHER WAY, SOMETHING DIDN'T WORK OUT. THE WAY TECHNOLOGY GETS IN BETWEEN OF US ALL WITH THE FACT THAT WE DON'T REALLY TALK TO PEOPLE, THE WAY MORE HUMAN INTERACTION BECOMES VALUABLE FOR THOSE OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A JOB POSITION OR INVESTMENT, INTERACTION BECOMES THE MOST POWERFUL THING WITHIN A COMPANY. WE'LL FIGURE ALL THAT OTHER STUFF OUT.

>> IT'S THE CORE OF THE SHOW IS WATCHING THE INTERACTION BETWEEN YOU GUYS AND THE ENTREPRENEURS THAT COME IN, WHICH I THINK KIND OF SPEAKS TO, LIKE YOU TALKED ABOUT HOW YOU SIT NEXT TO KEVIN, ALL THE SAME EXPRESSIONS FOR TEN YEARS AND ALL THIS STUFF. WHAT HAS CHANGED A DECADE LATER? THIS IS NOT MEANT IN A NEGATIVE WAY WHATSOEVER AS SOMEONE WHO HAS WATCHED IT. NOT A LOT HAS AND IT'S STILL GREAT. I'M STILL WATCHING. HAS SOMETHING CHANGED?

>> THE SHARKS ARE LEARNING AT THE SAME TIME. WE'RE LEARNING WHAT WORKS FOR US AND WHAT DOESN'T WORK FOR US. YOU KNOW, YEAR ONE I THINK I LOST 700,000. YEAR TWO I LOST 300,000. YET I GAINED IT ALL BACK WITHIN ONE DEAL. YEAR ONE I WOULD CLOSE 30% OF THE DEALS NEAR 240, NOW I'M CLOSING 80% OF THE DEALS. BOTH PEOPLE ARE GETTING SMARTER. BOTH THE ENTREPRENEUR SAYING HERE'S THE SHARK I WANT. THE SHARKS ARE STARTING TO SAY, HERE'S WHAT WORKS FOR ME. I LEARNED THAT I DON'T WANT ANY MORE CLOTHING BRANDS. I'M TOO JADED. BUT I HAVE A FRESH PAIR OF EYES FOR PERISHABLES AND/OR THIS AND THAT, SO WE GET SMARTER AS WE GO ALONG. THE CASTING DIRECTOR GETS SMARTER. THE CASTING DIRECTOR ARE A GREAT PRODUCER OF CASTING DIRECTORS. SO YOU GO ON AND SAY, I WANT TO GO ON THE SHOW AND I'M DOING $30 MILLION IN BUSINESS AND I HAVE ONE EMPLOYEE. YEAR ONE THEY DIDN'T SEE YOU SELLING CRACK, RIGHT? THEY DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SAY THAT. NOW AFTER WATCHING HUNDREDS OF PITCHES THEY ASK, HOW DO YOU HAVE ONE EMPLOYEE AND YOU'RE DOING $30 MILLION? EVERYBODY GETS SMARTER. YEAR ONE, I DON'T KNOW IF THERE WAS INSTAGRAM, WHEN WAS INSTAGRAM CREATED? A LOT OF THESE SOCIAL SITES, YOU COULDN'T CONVERT SALES. SO NOW YOU KNOW THAT HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET ALL OUR MONEY BACK IN THE FIRST MONTH BECAUSE OF ALL THE CONVERSIONS FROM ONE LINE. YOU WEREN'T SELLING GOODS LIKE THAT EARLIER, SO WE'RE ALL LEARNING AT THE SAME EXACT TIME ON HOW TO DO BUSINESS.

>> WITH SO MANY THINGS THAT YOU COULDN'T PREDICT, LIKE YOU SAID WITH INSTAGRAM NOW AND THE WAY EVERYONE WOULD LEARN OVER THE YEARS, GOING IN, WERE YOU AT ALL A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN? HERE YOU ARE FOUNDER OF FUBU, CEO, WERE YOU HESITANT TO JUMP ON THE SHOW AND DO THIS AT ALL?

>> I WAS HESITANT BECAUSE AT THE TIME THEY CALLED ME FOR THE SHOW, I WAS DOING PRODUCT PLACEMENT, I WAS DOING SOME FORM OF MANAGEMENT OF THE KARDASHIAN GIRLS AND GETTING THEIR BRAND RIGHT. THEY SAID I COULDN'T DO ANY OF THE SHOW. BUT "SHARK TANK" IF I WOULD DO THEIR SHOW. I ALREADY PROMISED KHLOE I WOULD BE ON A COUPLE EPISODES. SO I HAD TO TURN DOWN THE SHOW. KHLOE WOULD LATER HAVE HER PRODUCERS FIRE ME BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T WANT TO GET IN MY WAY. SHE FOUND OUT SHE WAS GOING TO GET IN MY WAY BECAUSE I WAS REALLY DEDICATED TO CHRIS AND THE FAMILY AND WHAT WE WERE DOING. AT FIRST I COULDN'T GO ON THE SHOW BECAUSE OF THAT. THEN I FOUND OUT I HAD TO ACTUALLY INVEST MY OWN MONEY. I WAS LIKE, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU HOLLYWOOD PEOPLE ARE PIMPS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'M GOING ON A SHOW AND SUPPOSED TO GET PAID AND YOU WANT ME TO INVEST MY OWN MONEY? AT THAT TIME IN THE CLOTHING INDUSTRY, WE FEEL THE CRUNCH BEFORE ANYBODY DOES WHEN, YOU KNOW, THE MARKET PULLS BACK BECAUSE PEOPLE JUST WEAR THEIR JEANS A HUNDRED MORE TIMES INSTEAD OF BUYING A NEW PAIR. I HAD TEN CLOTHING BRANDS AT THE TIME AND EIGHT OF THEM WERE DEAD. SO I SAID TO MYSELF, I NEED TO GO ON THIS SHOW BECAUSE I'M ONLY GETTING PITCHED CLOTHING LINES AT THIS TIME. I WANT TO GET PITCHED ELECTRONICS AND LOTIONS AND OTHER THINGS SO WHEN I GO INTO MACY'S, I CAN TAKE UP AISLE 7 AND AISLE 8. THAT'S WHY I WENT ON THE SHOW INITIALLY.

>> DO YOU REGRET THAT WHEN PEOPLE COME UP TO YOU A MILLION TIMES A DAY AND SAY, I'VE GOT AN IDEA FOR YOU, SIR.

>> HONESTLY, I DON'T. IF I DIDN'T SEE THE 21 CAMERAS SHOOTING ME, I KNOW WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR. I'M NOT LIKE A MUSIC ARTIST. I FEEL BAD FOR MUSIC ARTISTS. PEOPLE, WHEN THEY COME UP TO ME, ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS FIND A WAY TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL, TO MAKE SURE THEIR FAMILY HAS THE RIGHT THINGS IN LIFE. IT'S NOT BAD WHEN SOMEBODY COMES UP TO ME. THEY'RE NOT COMING UP TO ME SINGING, LIKE -- 15 MINUTES AGO, I WAS DOING ANOTHER SHOW. I WAS DOING RACHAEL RAY AND BEN STILLER WALKED IN. I GOT LIKE A FAN CRAZY OVER HIM AND I SAY, YOU KNOW WHAT? I KNOW PEOPLE TELL ME YOU INSPIRE ME, BUT HOW MUST IT FEEL TO BE BEN AND SAY, MAKE ME LAUGH RIGHT NOW, AND YOU COULD BE GOING THROUGH THE WORST THING IN YOUR LIFE. I DON'T FEEL BAD. I ACTUALLY LOVE IT.

>> THAT'S PRETTY GOOD TO HEAR. I'M CURIOUS, BECAUSE YOU POST A LOT OF VERY INSPIRATIONAL STUFF ON SOCIAL. YOU GO AROUND PROFESSIONALLY SPEAKING. EVEN RIGHT NOW I'M PRETTY INSPIRED JUST LISTENING TO YOU.

>> THANK YOU.

>> BUT WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED, WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED FROM WORKING ON THIS SHOW THAT YOU'VE TAKEN AND SORT OF APPLIED OFF CAMERA? SOMETHING YOU'VE PICKED UP FROM DOING THE TANK BUT NOW HAS IMPACTED YOU OUTSIDE.

>> ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO IN LIFE CAN BE DONE, BECAUSE I'VE SEEN NOW, YOU KNOW -- WE'RE GOING -- WE'VE SEEN OVER 200 PITCHES THAT HAVE AIRED. FOR US TO AIR 200 PITCHES, THAT MEANS WE'VE SEEN 600 PITCHES, AND, YOU KNOW, I JUST LEARNED THAT YOU HAVE TO CREATE A COMMUNITY. NO MATTER WHAT PRODUCT YOU HAVE, IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PRODUCT. THE PRODUCT IS KING AT THE END OF THE DAY, BUT IF YOU DON'T CREATE A COMMUNITY, THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. IT'S NOT ABOUT MONEY. IT IS REALLY ABOUT CREATING COMMUNITIES. AND ANYBODY WATCHING TODAY OR IN THIS AUDIENCE CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT. WHEN I WAS A KID AND I WAS RIDING DOWN THE BLOCK, I SAID, WHO THE HELL OWNS ALL THESE BUILDINGS, THESE CARS, WHO CREATED THIS STUFF? IT STARTED WITH ONE PERSON WHO HAD AN IDEA. NO MATTER HOW SMALL THAT IDEA WAS IT EVENTUALLY BECAME A BUSINESS. LOOK AT MY FRIENDS, THE KARDASHIANS, HOW BIG THEY ARE AND INFLUENTIAL THEY ARE RIGHT NOW. THEY CREATED A COMMUNITY. IF YOU KNOW YOUR COMMUNITY AND YOU FOLLOW THEM BACK, YOU REALLY HAVE AMBASSADORS THAT WILL BUY AND/OR SELL AND PREACH FOR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO. AND I'M WATCHING NOW MILLIONAIRES BECOME -- SO MANY KIDS BECOMING MILLIONAIRES OFF THEIR COUCH WITH AN iPHONE. ANYBODY CAN DO IT.

>> HAVE ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS IN THE KARDASHIANS CALL YOU UP AND GO, DAYMOND, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

>> THEY'RE DOING REALLY, REALLY WELL. WE SPEAK ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. THEY'RE DOING OKAY.

>> WHAT DO YOU TALK ABOUT ONCE IN A BLUE MOON? JUST CATCH UP?

>> JUST CATCH UP. HOW THEY'RE DOING, THINGS LIKE THAT.

>> COOL. AGAIN, TEN SEASONS, YOU HAVE TO HIT ALL THE DIFFERENT MARKS HERE. HAS THERE EVER BEEN A PRODUCT -- I KNOW YOU SAY YOU HAVE NO REGRETS IN REGARDS TO WHAT YOU HAVE, BUT SURELY IN THE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS YOU'VE SEEN, THERE HAS TO BE AT LEAST ONE WHERE YOU THOUGHT, MAN, I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PIECE OF THAT. THERE HASN'T BEEN ONE?

>> NO, NO. AND HERE'S THE REASON WHY. IT DOESN'T MEAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WHAT IT IS WHEN I HAD IT. I HAD SOMETHING CALLED FUBU RECORDS EARLIER IN THE DAY. LET ME TELL YOU THE NAMES THAT CAME TO GET SIGNED TO FUBU RECORDS THAT WE DIDN'T SIGN. EMINEM, ASHANTE AND DR. DRE. FUBU RECORDS WOULD CLOSE THE YEAR AFTER BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT MANAGEMENT. SAME AS GOING ON THE SHOW, AND IF YOU HAVE A PRODUCT AND I DON'T GET IT, I'M NOT GOING TO BE A GREAT PARTNER. I'M TAKING UP TIME AND SPACE AND ENERGY OF A POTENTIAL GREAT PARTNER. LORI, I SAID THIS BEFORE, SOMEONE CAME ON THE SHOW AND THEY HAD A LITTLE CLIP YOU COULD PUT ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SHIRT TO HANG YOUR GLASSES IN, AND WE ALL MADE THE HAWAIIAN SHIRTS WITH THE HOLE WHERE YOU PUT YOUR GLASSES IN. SO I SAID, I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS. WHY THE HELL WOULD I NEED THIS? LORI GOES OUT AND SELLS $8 MILLION WORTH OF THAT LITTLE CLIP BECAUSE SHE'S HAD PEOPLE WHO WATCH HER ON QVC FOR 15 YEARS AND SHE'S BEEN SELLING READING GLASSES ON QVC. IT WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THE SAME FOR ME. IT'S ALMOST LIKE BEING MARRIED TO SOMEBODY AND SAYING, WHY DID I LET THAT ONE GET AWAY? YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THIS AT THE MOMENT.

>> EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

>> EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

>> THAT'S PRETTY AMAZING. THAT'S PRETTY INCREDIBLE. SO YOU'VE NEVER HAD ANY REGRETS, YOU'VE NEVER -- YOU'VE TALKED ABOUT WHAT YOU LEARNED --

>> HOW MUCH ARE THOSE REGRETS GOING TO HELP ME?

>> THAT'S THE THING, YOU LEARN FROM THEM. THAT'S WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR. EVEN THE ONES YOU MISS, YOU LEARN SOMETHING FROM IT. EVEN THE SHOTS YOU DIDN'T TAKE, YOU HAVE TO LEARN SOMETHING BY NOT TAKING THAT SHOT.

>> SURE, YOU TRY TO. BUT YOU CAN'T STOP TO JUSTIFY WHY YOU MADE A MISTAKE, YOU JUST HAVE TO MOVE FORWARD. I DON'T THINK IT'S A MISTAKE. AGAIN, IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE SAME INVESTMENT WITH ME. IT REALLY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN.

>> THAT'S PRETTY AMAZING. YOU MENTIONED AT THE TOP OF THE SHOW, TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU GOT GOING ON, A TWO-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER, YOU SAID.

>> UH-HUH.

>> I'M CURIOUS IF HAVING YOUR OWN CHILD HAS COLORED IT ALL HOW YOU INTERACT WITH CHILDREN ON THE SHOW. BECAUSE THERE IS SOMETHING I WAS WATCHING VERY RECENTLY THIS SEASON, I THINK IT WAS THE KID WHO HAD THE BUILDING BLOCK THAT HE HAD THERE. THE KID CAME BACK AND COUNTERED. IT WAS ABOUT 5% DIFFERENCE BUT YOU HELD STRONG AND YOU SAID, NO, I SAID WHAT I WANT TO KNOW. THE KID WAS LIKE 11 YEARS OLD --

>> HE WAS JUST A GOLDDIGGER.

>> I WAS LIKE, MAN, THIS DUDE HOLDS HIS GROUND. I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN OVER THE YEARS. KIDS COME IN AND THEY TALK LIKE ADULTS. THEY ARE ADULTS IN THEIR HEARTS. BUT IS IT HARD FOR YOU UNDER THAT? WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO A KID AT ALL, IS IT HARD FOR YOU?

>> OF COURSE, IT'S VERY, VERY HARD. I HAVE A 25 AND A 20-YEAR-OLD, ALL RIGHT, SO I'M VERY COMPASSIONATE FOR KIDS. OF COURSE, I AM. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE DEAL HAS TO BE RIGHT BECAUSE A LOT OF TIMES WE CAN'T SAY, LISTEN, YOU'RE SEEING EIGHT MINUTES OF AN HOUR AND A HALF PITCH. AND THEY ARE PUTTING IT ALL DOWN. YOU KNOW THE EDITING WORLD, IT'S AN HOUR AND A HALF WE'VE BEEN SPEAKING. I MAY HAVE COUNTED ALREADY FOR THE KID BUT YOU DIDN'T GET TO SEE THAT. I KNOW IF I WON 20%. IT WAS A BUILDING BLOCK GLUE AND IT WAS A GOOD GLUE. I MAY HAVE HAD TO GIVE 20% OF MY OWN MONEY TO GO TO 3M. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SAY ALL THAT ON THE SHOW. A LOT OF TIMES, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE HAPPENS TO ME? A LOT OF PEOPLE STOP ME AND SAY, HEY, MAN, WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN? PEOPLE THERE ARE MAKING A LIFE DECISION. AND THEY'RE LIKE, I'LL GIVE YOU 10 SECONDS BEFORE YOU MAKE THIS DECISION AND I'M OUT. I HAD ALREADY SAID TO THEM FOR THE FIRST 30 MINUTES, HERE'S $200,000. I'M SITTING OVER HERE WAITING, WHAT'S GOING ON? FINALLY I GO, HEY, MAN, 10 SECONDS. THAT'S WHAT REALLY HAPPENS, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

>> WE'VE HEARD THAT BEFORE, AND YOU SIT THERE WITH THE PITCHES -- WHAT'S THE LONGEST PITCH YOU SAT THROUGH?

>> TWO AND A HALF HOURS. I ACTUALLY GET UP AND I'M SO FRUSTRATED AND I LEAVE AND I GET SOMETHING TO EAT. I COME BACK, SO IF YOU LOOK AT THE END OF THAT PITCH, THERE IS A CHEWED-UP APPLE AT THE END OF MY DESK. I'M SO DISGUSTED WITH HIM.

>> WHAT DID THEY CUT IT DOWN TO?

>> EIGHT MINUTES.

>> AS HARD AS THAT WAS FOR YOU, CAN YOU IMAGINE THE EDITOR?

>> I WILL NEVER GET THAT TIME BACK IN MY LIFE. THAT EDITOR, THERE'S 21 CAMERAS SO THERE'S 42 HOURS OF THAT PITCH, BUT THEY'RE TIMING IT, YOU KNOW? THIS IS WHY WE'RE LIVE. WE'RE DOING IT NOW, THIS IS IT.

>> PLEASE. THANK YOU.

>> WE HAVE A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS IN THE ROOM. I DON'T WANT TO RUN OUT OF TIME. LET'S GO TO THOSE AND I'LL JUMP TO OTHER STUFF IN BETWEEN. THE FIRST IS RIGHT HERE ON THE COUCHES. GO FOR IT.

>> HI. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SETTING THE PACE, ESPECIALLY FOR ENTREPRENEURS AND MINORITIES.

>> THANK YOU.

>> AS AN ENTREPRENEUR, I GUESS, WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU RECOMMEND OR THE ONE INVESTMENT YOU RECOMMEND FOR PEOPLE MAYBE WITH NO CAPITAL OR LOW CAPITAL AND THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ON THE SIDE TO TRY TO DEVELOP SOME WEALTH?

>> WELL, THE FIRST INVESTMENT, I KNOW THIS SOUNDS LIKE GREAT PHRASES BUT IT HAS TO BE INVESTING IN YOURSELF ON EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO. WHERE IS THAT AREA? I HAD TO LEARN TO SELL MYSELF SO I DIDN'T GET ROBBED BY THE SEAMSTRESSES OR THE FACTORIES SO I KNEW THEY WERE DOING SOMETHING WELL. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO AS AN ENTREPRENEUR IS UNDERSTAND FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE. IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE. BECAUSE YOU CAN TAKE 100 OR 200 OR $300 RIGHT NOW AND OPEN A MARITIME ACCOUNT, AND IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE DOING THERE, YOU CAN PROBABLY MAKE MORE THAN -- YOU'RE MAKING $40,000 A YEAR IF YOU CAN REALLY START TO WORK ON IT. I'M SORRY I GAVE YOU A GENERAL ANSWER, BUT THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO, FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE.

>> THANK YOU. I HAVE A FOLLOW-UP FOR THAT, TALKING ABOUT THE SIGNIFICANCE OF FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE. THIS MAY BE TOO BIG A THING TO TACKLE IN THE TIME WE HAVE HERE, BUT YOU TALKED ABOUT ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND HOW THAT'S COMING UP AND HOW THAT'S GOING TO CHANGE THE WORK FORCE AND IMPACT THE NUMBER ONE JOBS AND ALL THESE DIFFERENT THINGS. DO YOU SEE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE BEING LEVERAGED IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT SORT OF DEMOCRATIZES FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE? IF YOU JUST GIVE THIS APP $10 A MONTH OUT OF YOUR PAYCHECK, THIS APP WILL INVEST IN BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. DO YOU SEE THAT HAPPENING?

>> THAT IS HAPPENING, HOWEVER, THE BIGGEST GAMES TO HAVE IN THE MARKET IS IF YOU JUST HAVE COMMON SENSE. LET'S LOOK AT THE STOCK MARKET. I'M NOT A BIG STOCK MARKET GUY MEANING I DON'T LOOK AT A LOT OF CHARTS, I JUST USE MY GUT ON A LOT OF THESE THINGS. IF YOU GO IN THE STOCK MARKET, DON'T INVEST ANYTHING THAT IF IT GOES AWAY, IT DISRUPTS YOUR LIFE. IF INSTAGRAM GOES AWAY, IT WILL DISRUPT YOUR LIFE. IF UBER GOES AWAY, IT WILL DISRUPT YOUR LIFE. BUT IF SEARS GOES AWAY OR JCPENNEY’S GO AWAY, WILL IT DISRUPT YOUR LIFE? YOU CAN LOOK IN YOUR CLOSET AND REALIZE NOBODY IS BUYING THIS ANYWHERE. HOW MANY RIGHT NOW ARE BUYING GOLD PROS? NOTHING AGAINST GOLD PROS, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO INVEST IN CAMERAS ANYMORE. HOW MANY ARE GOING TO LEAVE HERE AND GO TO JC PENNEY'S? IF YOU ALWAYS SEEK LUXURY GOODS SUCH AS LOUIS VUITTON AND EVERYTHING ELSE, THE MIDDLE GETS COMPRESSED. YOU GO ON THE MARKET AND BET AGAINST IT. YOU BET AGAINST BLACKBERRY, YOU BET AGAINST BLOCKBUSTER, YOU BET AGAINST KODAK, YOU BET AGAINST THESE THINGS. OR YOU BET UP ON THESE THINGS WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR LITTLE BROTHER IS ASKING FOR THESE THINGS. SO YOU CAN HAVE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND BET ON BLUE CHIP STOCKS AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE, BUT COMMON SENSE STILL BEATS IT ALL.

>> WHAT DO YOU INVEST IN IF YOUR GUT SAN IDIOT? BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE MY GUT DOESN'T ALWAYS -- THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO GO. YOU TRY TO FOLLOW INTUITION AND YOU'RE WRONG. WHAT DO YOU DO THEN?

>> IF YOU'RE DOING THE MARKET, I SAY GET THE SOFTWARES. IT'S MONOPOLY MONEY AND THEN YOU KEEP LEARNING. YOU LEARNED TO WALK THE SAME WAY, RIGHT? DON'T THINK ANYBODY IS SMARTER THAN YOU BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE IS SMARTER THAN YOU, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A PASSION AND YOU'RE DRIVEN. HAVE THEY BEEN ABLE TO MONETIZE IT? MY PASSION WAS HIP-HOP AND CLOTHES.

>> WE GOT A FEW MORE. THE NEXT ONE IS GOING TO BE RIGHT OVER HERE. COME ON DOWN.

>> HEY, DAYMOND JOHN, HOW ARE YOU?

>> I'M GOOD, THANK YOU.

>> NICE TO SEE YOU. YOU'RE ONE OF MY BIGGEST INSPIRATIONS AND I READ YOUR BOOK "THE POWER BROKE" AND YOU SAID TO USE OPM, OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY. HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT DOING THAT? WOULD YOU RECOMMEND USING AN INCUBATOR EXCELERATOR PROGRAM?

>> I JUST SAID USE OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, BUT IT CAN BE MARKETING MANPOWER, MENTORS MAKE MONEY FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S MISTAKES. THAT WAS MY THING. YOU HAVE TO CREATE A FOLLOWING AND A DRIVE, AND THEN YOU'LL BRING THAT INTO PEOPLE. WHERE WOULD YOU ADD VALUE TO SOMEBODY ELSE IS YOUR QUESTION. DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M SAYING? YOU CAN ONLY ANSWER THAT. WHEN I FIRST GOT A $50,000 ORDER OF CLOTHING, I DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY. I SAID JUST SEND IT DIRECTLY TO THE STORE. THE STORE LOVED THAT BECAUSE THEY KNEW WHEN THEY GAVE ME $50,000, THEY KNEW I WAS BUILDING A BRAND NEW HONDA WITH RIMS. HE MADE TWO MORE DOLLARS ON HIS PRODUCT, THE STORE KEPT THE GOODS, I KEPT 100% OF MY COMPANY. I WAS USING OTHER PEOPLE'S MANUFACTURING. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

>> WOW, THAT SOUNDS GREAT.

>> AS SOMEONE WHO HAS BECOME THIS FIGURE OF INSPIRATION FOR MANY AND YOU POST ALL THESE WONDERFUL QUOTES AND STUFF, WHO DO YOU LOOK TO? WHERE DO YOU LOOK UP? SOMEONE WHO HAS CLIMBED TO THE TOP AS A LOT OF US PERCEIVE THAT SOMEONE HAS CLIMBED TO THE TOP, WHO DO YOU LOOK UP TO?

>> THE RECENT MENTOR I REACHED WAS A GUY NAMED JAY ABRAHAM. I LOVE TIM FERRIS, I LOVE LOUIS HOWELL, MY MOTHER IS STILL MY GREATEST MENTOR. BUT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE THOSE INDIVIDUALS, ONE OF MY FIRST MENTORS OWNED THE CORNER STORE NAMED TIM. IT WASN'T CALLED INTERNING, IT WAS CALLED CLEANING THE SHOP FOR FREE. I LEARNED MANY THINGS FROM TIM. IF SOMEONE WAS AROUND FOR 20 YEARS IN A LOCAL BUSINESS AND THEY SURVIVE TAXES AND INCREASE IN INFLATION AND THINGS LIKE THAT, THEY KNOW THE FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. I DON'T LOOK TOWARD THE OTHER SHARKS, THEY'RE IDIOTS, BUT I LOOK TO ENTREPRENEURS COMING ON. THE PEOPLE IN THIS AUDIENCE THAT ARE WATCHING, THEY'RE DOING BUSINESS IN A WHOLE NEW WAY THAT I DIDN'T DO 20 YEARS AGO. I'M LEARNING FROM THEM. A MENTOR CAN BE 16 YEARS OLD WHO KNOWS HOW TO COMMUNICATE REALLY FAST ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND SHOWS YOU ALL THE NEW THINGS GOING ON.

>> YOU'RE NEVER INTIMIDATED BY THE NEW STUFF.

>> I JUMP RIGHT IN. I LOVE IT. I'M PERSONALLY THE ONE OPERATING IT. DO I HAVE A SMALL TEAM? YEAH, BUT MAINLY I OPERATE IT.

>> ONE MORE? WE'RE GOING TO DO ONE MORE QUESTION FOR YOU. IT'S RIGHT OVER HERE.

>> IT'S GREAT TO HEAR YOU IN PERSON. I LOVE WATCHING "SHARK TANK." IT'S REALLY INSPIRED ME THE PAST FIFE YEARS TO START MY OWN COMPANY AND LEARN AND GROW AND BUILD. YESTERDAY I WAS LET GO FROM MY JOB, SO NOW I'M IN A POSITION WHERE I'VE BEEN STARTING COMPANIES, I FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING THAT, BUT DO I TRY TO FIND ANOTHER JOB AND DO SOMETHING ON THE SIDE OR DO I JUST GO ALL IN ON START-UPS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS? BECAUSE I'M YOUNG, READY TO FAIL, BUT I'M JUST TRYING TO GET YOUR IDEA ON WHAT KIND OF CLIMATE WE'RE IN AND DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE TIME TO GO ALL IN ON START-UPS?

>> HOW OLD ARE YOU?

>> 23.

>> DO YOU GOT KIDS?

>> NO.

>> ARE YOU MARRIED?

>> NO.

>> GO ALL IN ON TWO, GO ALL IN ON WORKING AT ANOTHER PLACE AND GO ALL IN AT STARTING NEW BUSINESSES. REMEMBER, I TRY TO TELL PEOPLE, EVEN WHEN I TELL MY DAUGHTERS, YOU'RE SOMEBODY'S SON OR SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER. BY THE TIME YOU'RE 32, YOU'LL BE SOMEBODY'S WIFE OR FATHER OR MOTHER. TRAVEL THE WORLD. WORK AS MANY HOURS AS YOU CAN HERE IN THE DAYTIME. THE DAYTIME WILL PAY THE BILLS BUT YOUR HOMEWORK WILL MAKE YOU RICH. DO EVERYTHING ELSE YOU CAN. I SLEPT THREE HOURS A DAY FROM THE AGE OF 20 TO 30 BECAUSE I WORKED AT RED LOBSTER DURING THE DAY AND THEN I DID FUGU AT NIGHT. BUT IF I DIDN'T DO THAT, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CREATE FUGU, BECAUSE AT RED LOBSTER, EVEN THOUGH I MADE $30,000 A YEAR, I HAD INSURANCE, THE OTHER WAITERS WOULD HELP ME SELL THE PRODUCT AND I WOULD HAVE TO DO $2 MILLION AT FUGU TO MAKE THAT SAME $30,000. I WAS ASKED, HOW IS BUSINESS? AND HE SAID, WHAT THE HELL WAS YOUR NAME AGAIN? WHEN YOU WORK IN A COMPANY, THEY MAY SAY, WHAT CAN WE DO TOGETHER? YOU WANT TO OPEN UP A NEW DIVISION? MAYBE I'LL INVEST IN SOMETHING YOU'RE DOING. DO BOTH OF THEM.

>> YOU GUYS WERE AN AMAZING AUDIENCE. WE'RE GOING TO WRAP IT UP IN JUST A SECOND. ONE LAST THING. WHAT IS THE MOST RECENT PITCH THAT YOU'VE SEEN THAT YOU'VE BEEN THE MOST EXCITED ABOUT?

>> THE MOST RECENT ONE WAS THREE YOUNG KIDS THAT CAME ON THE SHOW AND THEY HAD JUST A HEART-WRENCHING STORY WHERE IT WAS -- THEIR MOTHER HAD PASSED AWAY AND THEIR FATHER PASSED AWAY RIGHT AFTER THAT FROM 9/11. HE HAD PASSED AWAY RIGHT BEFORE GOING ONTO THE SHOW. WE HAD SEEN HIS TAPE. BEING SOMEBODY THAT LIVES IN NEW YORK CITY WHO HAS LOST SO MANY PEOPLE FROM 9/11, I LIVED ONE TOWN AWAY FROM THEM WHEN I LIVED IN MASAPEQUA, AND TO SEE THEM COME TOGETHER TO LIVE OUT THEIR PARENTS' DREAM. JUST TO SEE THAT, IT WAS AN AMAZING, AMAZING TIME TO SEE THAT PITCH IN PERSON. I PROMISED I WOULD NEVER CRY ON LIVE TELEVISION BUT THAT WENT OUT THE WINDOW. I WAS BLUBBERING LIKE A BABY. BUT IT WAS REALLY AMAZING TO SEE THE FORTITUDE THAT THESE BEAUTIFUL KIDS HAD. WHEN WE'RE ON THE SHOW, WE'RE NOT LOOKING TO EXPLOIT ANYBODY, BECAUSE WHO WANTS TO GO INTO BUSINESS ON A BAD DEAL? WE'RE FORTUNATE ENOUGH THAT SOMEBODY IS LIKE, I ALLOW YOU TO BE A PART OF MY DREAM, AND WE GET TO LEARN FROM THEM AND TRAVEL ON THAT DREAM. HOPEFULLY WE'LL MAKE A COUPLE DOLLARS, BUT IF WE DON'T, WE HAD FUN AND WE'RE PART OF THIS FAMILY. IT WAS REALLY THE MOST AMAZING PITCH I'VE EVER SEEN.

>> I THINK IT WAS EPISODE 3 OF THIS SEASON AND IT WAS SOMETHING ELSE. NOT A DRY EYE IN THE HOUSE.

>> IT WAS A GREAT PRODUCT.

>> INCREDIBLE STORY, INCREDIBLE MOMENT IN TELEVISION AND A GREAT PRODUCT. IT WAS JUST A WIN ALL AROUND FOR EVERYBODY. I WANT TO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING AND HANGING OUT WITH US AGAIN.

>> I KNOW I'M GOING TO GIVE AWAY FREE SAMPLES OF MY DAYMOND ON DEMAND. GO TO -- WE'LL POST IT. I THINK IT'S LEARN@DAYMONDONDEMAND. IT'S MY THREE-HOUR CURRICULUM ON HOW TO REMAIN A SHARK OR BECOME A SHARK AND AVOID THOSE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF MISTAKES THAT I MADE.

>> HANG ON A SECOND. I'M LOOKING AT THE CLOCK.

>> LEARN LIKE A SHARK. MY FRIEND AND I ARE BOTH DYSLEXIC, SO WE SCREWED THAT UP. LEARN LIKE A SHARK. I'M SERIOUS, OUT OF THE 12 SHARKS, EIGHT OF US ARE DYSLEXIC ON THE "SHARK TANK." LEARN LIKE A SHARK.

>> EIGHT-HOUR CURRICULUM, YOU SAY?

>> EIGHT HOURS.

>> HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO PUT THAT TOGETHER?

>> IT TOOK ME WEEKS TO PUT IT TOGETHER BECAUSE IT'S EVERYTHING FROM WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TRADEMARK AND PATENT, WE GO THROUGH EVERYTHING, TAXES, EVERYTHING ON WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DO THAT. A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK A PATENT IS VALUABLE. BUT A PATENT CAN COST 80 OR 20 OR $100,000 AND YOU SOMETIMES CANNOT DEFEND THEM. BUT A TRADEMARK IS 2500, AND GUESS WHAT, YOU CAN'T PUT FUBU, NIKE, BMW OR ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THAT FIRST $2500 FOR THE TRADEMARK. A LOT OF PEOPLE GO OUT AND SPEND SO MUCH MONEY NOT UNDERSTANDING BUSINESS. THAT'S WHY LEARN LIKE A SHARK, GO ON THERE AND GET DAYMOND ON DEMAND FREE SAMPLE AND SEE HOW TO ORGANIZE THESE THINGS.

>> WE NEED TO WRAP UP BUT I'M FASCINATED BY THE EIGHT-HOUR CURRICULUM. WAS IT HARD FOR YOU TO FIGURE OUT THE ORDER TO TEACH EVERYONE THIS LIFETIME OF KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU'VE ACQUIRED?

>> IT WASN'T, BECAUSE THE FIRST TEN YEARS OF MAKING MONEY, I STILL GOT SCREWED. I HAD SOME OF THE RIGHT LAWYERS, WRONG LAWYERS, GOOD ACCOUNTANTS, WRONG PEOPLE. UNTIL PEOPLE REALIZE YOU'RE AROUND FOR A WHILE, YOU START TO SEE THE SAME PEOPLE, THE RIGHT PEOPLE, AND THEN I GATHERED ALL THE MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BUSINESS, AND I SAID, YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M GOING TO PUT THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN PLACE THAT I KNOW TO TEACH THIS TO PEOPLE BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE PLACE THAT'S ALL TOGETHER. YOU GET A LITTLE BIT ON "SHARK TANK," YOU GET A LITTLE BIT FROM GARY B.'S PLACE. I PUT IT ALL TOGETHER.

>> YOU'RE GIVING FREE SAMPLES.

>> FREE SAMPLES. LEARN LIKE A SHARK. DAYMOND ON DEMAND. YOU CAN GET ME ON FACEBOOK, GET ME ON BOOKS, GET ME ON "SHARK TANK" BUT NOW YOU GET ME ON DAYMOND ON DEMAND.

>> THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN FOR DOING THIS. "SHARK TANK" IS ON SUNDAYS ON ABC, BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT, RIGHT? EVERYBODY PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER, MAKE SOME NOISE ONE MORE TIME FOR THE GREAT DAYMOND JOHN! [ APPLAUSE ]

Tika Sumpter & Mark-Paul Gosselaar

🗣Calling all "black-ish" fans! We sat down with Tika Sumpter and Mark-Paul Gosselaar, the two stars of the new spin-off centered around Rainbow's childhood. They shared why they're proud to be a part of the series and what fans will love about it. (Photo Credit: JP Yim /BUILD )

Donald Faison

We've loved him from his hilarious roles in the hit shows, "Clueless" and "Scrubs." But now we get to see a different and more dramatic side of Donald Faison in the new ABC mystery drama, "Emergence." What drew him to the show? Is acting in a drama harder or easier for him? He answered all. (Photo Credit: JP Yim /BUILD )

Cote de Pablo

Cote de Pablo easily has one of the best names! 😎 But besides having a cool name, she recently returned to reprise her role on the very popular "NCIS" which thrilled fans everywhere. Hear what made her come back to the show and how she feels about her character, Ziva David. (Photo Credit: JP Yim /BUILD )

Monét X Change with Icona Pop

Anytime Monet's money gun makes an appearance it's hard to keep a straight face! 😏With or without the gun, we were all smiles throughout our time with Aino Jawo and Caroline Hjelt, the two lovely ladies that make up Icona Pop. Watch as we put their knowledge of pop to the test and you be the judge if they passed or not.  (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Dan Berk, Bill Skarsgård & Robert Olsen

You may know (and secretly love 👀) Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise the Clown from "IT," but don't try to typecast him. From horror to comedies, the actor is interested in all types of roles...which is why he was happy to star in the drama, "Villains." So be sure to check out our great talk with Skarsgård and the directors of the movie. (Photo Credit: Michael Koehler /BUILD )

Forest Whitaker

Any project that has this world-class actor attached to it is going to be really good! So we're pumped to see Forest Whitaker's portrayal of crime boss Bumpy Johnson in the new show, "Godfather of Harlem." Hear what he learned about the man behind the myth and why he took on the role. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Sara Gilbert

Even though we're going to miss her on "The Talk," we can continue to still love Sara Gilbert as Darlene on ABC's "The Conners." During our conversation with the star and executive producer of the series, she told us what we can expect from season 2 and what it's been like filming since the fiasco last year. (Photo Credit: JP YIM /BUILD )

Hannah Hart

Hannah Hart was an infectious ball of energy and we loved it! 🥰 The popular YouTuber has converted everything people love about her videos into words with her new book, "My Drunk Kitchen Holidays!". Find out how to add fun, new twists to your favorite days of the year. (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Tove Lo

Why is she so cool?! 😫 Tove Lo stopped by the BUILD Studio to talk new music from her album titled "Sunshine Kitty." During our chat with the open book artist, she told us about the music she strives to make and so much more. Watch! (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Michael Fox, Kevin Doyle, Jim Carter, Phyllis Logan, Sophie McShera & Lesley Nicol

"Downton Abbey" fans rejoice! The long-awaited movie of the internationally popular series is finally upon us. We were joined by stars Michael Fox, Jim Carter, Kevin Doyle, Lesley Nicol, Phyllis Logan and Sophie McShera and found out what it was like adapting the show from the little screen to the big screen. (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Johnny Rzeznik & Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls

Cheers to Goo Goo Dolls and their new album! 🤟Making a record requires a lot of work and dedication and that's exactly what went into Johnny Rzeznik and Robby Takac's "Miracle Pill." Watch as they explain what kept them going and where the name of the album came from.  (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Monét X Change w/ Malik Yoba & Carmen Carrera on "The X Change Rate"

We're all about having a good time at "The X Change Rate" but Monét is also using her platform to raise awareness about important matters. This week, she sat down with Malik Yoba and Carmen Carrera to talk about the National Trans Visibility March and the injustices transgender people face. Malik also got the chance to clear the air about some recent press. Don't miss their deep conversation and a special performance from musician Mila Jam! (Photo Credit: Michael Koehler /BUILD )

Dennis Quaid, Billy Bob Thornton & Amy Brenneman

Billy Bob Thornton, Amy Brenneman and Dennis Quaid are all iconic in their own right, so to have all three on our stage at once was amazing! 😩 From the vibe on-set to their characters' arcs and everything in between, the three actors told us all about their work on season 3 of Amazon Prime's "Goliath."  (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Day6

It's no surprise that this K-pop group made our day! 😌 The members of Day6 were sweet as can be and all about their fans, as they always are. Listen to the guys explain why their fans mean so much and share what's next for the beloved group. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Trisha Yearwood

Trisha Yearwood is back with new music and we are pumped! 🙌 In her latest album, "Every Girl," the award-winning artist is celebrating women of all ages and is hoping to inspire a whole new generation of young artists. Tune into our great chat. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Neil Patrick Harris

He always get us with the magic tricks! 🤩✨We all know Neil Patrick Harris from some of our favorite tv shows and movies, but let's not forget he's a New York Times best-selling author. Don't miss our talk with the lovely multi-talented actor about his love for magic and more. (Photo Credit: Michael Koehler /BUILD )

Toni Collette, Kaitlyn Dever, Merritt Wever, Sarah Timberman, Danielle Macdonald, Lisa Cholodenko & Susannah Grant

This group of stellar women came together to create Netflix's "Unbelievable." We talked with stars Toni Collette, Kaitlyn Dever, Merritt Wever, Danielle Macdonald and the executive producers to break down the limited series that is going to open up some much-needed dialogue.  (Photo Credit: Michael Koehler /BUILD )

Jerry Springer

🗣 JERRY! JERRY! For over 20+ years, Jerry Springer exposed us to some of the wildest stories America has ever heard. Now, he's taking all the knowledge he gained from "The Jerry Springer Show" and bringing it to the courtroom in his series, "Judge Jerry." Find out how his approach has changed going from host to judge. 👨‍⚖️ (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Melanie Martinez

The lady's got style! 😍Melanie Martinez is truly dedicated to her craft. Not only did she create a new 13-track album, but she directed an entire film to go along with it. Watch as she took us through her creative process and vision for the projects. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Doutzen Kroes

When supermodel Doutzen Kroes is not gracing the runway, she's painstakingly working with Knot On My Planet to save endangered elephants. Hear how she got involved with the organization and what she finds so fulfilling about being their global ambassador. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Sleeping With Sirens

These four guys make up one of the best rock bands around: Sleeping with Sirens. Everyone can relate to a time in their life where they felt lost and that's exactly what the band's new album is about. What inspired the LP? Who did they collaborate with? Find out. (Photo Credit: Michael Koehler /BUILD )

Monét X Change w/ Trixie Mattel

These two just couldn't keep it together! 😂From their thoughts on scandalous tweets to other drag queens' looks, Monét and Trixie Mattel were definitely keeping it real. Don't miss yet another hilarious episode of "The X Change Rate."  (Photo Credit: Michael Koehler /BUILD )

Sheryl Crow

Talented, lovely and righteously outspoken; it's not hard to understand why Sheryl Crow is so beloved! The Grammy-winning artist talked to us about her last album, "Threads," #MeToo and so much more. Tune in! (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Adam Lambert

After touring with Queen for so many years Adam Lambert is pretty much royalty, so we were more than happy to supply the throne! 😌The music powerhouse and fan-favorite artist is pumped for fans to hear his new EP, "VELVET: Side A." Find out why.

(Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Sam and Colby

Making content can be quite scary, but for these two it literally is! YouTube phenomenons Sam and Colby travel all over the world exploring haunted, spooky locations on their show, "The Origin." Watch as they share what it's been like filming the series and what's next for them. (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Amanda Stanton

Amanda Stanton's book, "Now Accepting Roses," is on shelves now! In it, Stanton gives advice for those navigating the confusing dating world and recounts some of the most memorable moments of her life. So be sure to grab a copy, but before you do, check out our chat with her. 😊🌹 (Photo Credit: Michael Koehler /BUILD )

Shameik Moore

Wu-Tang forever! 👐Shameik Moore just continues to add to his amazing body of work ("The Get Down," "Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse") with Hulu's "Wu-Tang: An American Saga." How daunting was telling the story of one of hip-hop's most iconic groups? Find out. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Tony Hale

Such a cute pair! 🥰 These two are responsible for the show kids aren't going to get enough of, "Archibald's Next Big Thing." Creator Tony Hale talked about the new Netflix animated series and recalls some of his favorite moments from "Veep" and "Arrested Development."  (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Monét X Change w/ Dr. Ruth

Now we all know that Monét is not shy when it comes to talking about sex. So who else better for her to chat with than the adorable, groundbreaking sex therapist, Dr. Ruth? Check out what advice she gave Monét, the audience and see if you can spot an adult toy when you see one! 🤔 (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

John Elway

This Hall of Famer's hands are responsible for some of the best plays NFL fans have ever seen. The one and only John Elway joined us to talk about the league, its latest trends and his mission to raise awareness about the hand condition, Dupuytren's contracture. Be sure to watch. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

of