11.02.18

Join The Table! BUILD Brunch November 2

Today we discuss Junior's 68th Anniversary (1:15), EW's coverage of the final season of Game Of Thrones, (2:56) Carly Rae Jepsen's new single, (9:22) Nick Jonas' first text to Priyanka Chopra (12:57), Ariana Grande's twitter clapback at Pete Davidson, (15:46), and why everyone needs to vote next week. (18:46)

View Transcript

** As Captioned Live **

>>> HEY, EVERYBODY, WELCOME TO "BUILD BRUNCH" WHERE WE TALK ABOUT THE LATEST TOPICS IN ENTERTAINMENT. I'M BRITTANY JONES-COOPER.

>> I'M SHANNON COFFEY.

>> I'M ALI KOLBERT.

>> I'M LUKAS THIMM.

>> HAPPY FRIDAY!

>> WE'RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE FINAL SEASON OF "GAME OF THRONE". CARLY RAE JEPSEN'S NEW SINGLE. AND THE FIRST TWEET NICK JONAS SENT TO PRIYANKA CHOPRA. FIRST, LOVELY TREATS FROM JUNIOR'S CHEESECAKE ON THE TABLE TODAY, THE RESTAURANT CELEBRATING ITS ANNIVERSARY. IN HONOR OF THIS EXCITING MILESTONE JUNIOR'S WILL BE OFFERING SPECIALS ON THE WORLD'S MOST FABULOUS CHEESECAKE, WE'RE ENJOYING SOME, THE AUDIENCE IS ENJOYING SOME AS WELL.

>> I LOVE CHEESECAKE!

>> YOU GET CHEESECAKE, YOU GET CHEESECAKE. I'M ALREADY HALFWAY DONE WITH MINE.

>> BRITTANY, WHEN DID YOU START EATING THAT?

>> WHEN YOU WERE READING.

>> WHEN I FIRST -- I THOUGHT I WOULDN'T LIKE CHEESECAKE, I DIDN'T LOVE CHEESE GROWING UP. BUT I GOT TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP, THEY BARELY FED ME THERE, I GOT REALLY SKINNY. I CAME BACK AND HAD CHEESECAKE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IT CHANGED MY LIFE.

>> JUNIOR'S CHEESECAKE IS SO CREAMY. I MOVED TO NEW YORK 9 YEARS AGO AND HAD IT FOR THE FIRST TIME, I WAS LIKE, THIS IS THE PERFECT WAY TO START OUR WEEKEND.

>> JUNIOR'S IS SO ICONIC. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY SENT US CHEESECAKE.

>> I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY KNOW WHO WE ARE.

>> MY FAMILY IS GOING TO BE LIKE, SHANNON'S MADE IT. WE LOVE JUNIOR'S.

>> SOMETHING TO NOTE ABOUT THE CHEESECAKE, I AM A BIG CHEESECAKE FAN. THIS HAS CAKE BOTTOM INSTEAD OF THE TRADITIONAL GRAHAM CRACKER BOTTOM. IT'S ALSO CREAMIER AND SOFTER THAN YOU WOULD EXPECT.

>> THEY GAVE US OUR LOGO ON THAT ONE, WHICH IS INCREDIBLE.

>> WE HAVE A STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE AS WELL AS THE DEVIL'S CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.

>> I DON'T KNOW WHERE WE GO FROM HERE, NOW THAT WE HAVE OUR LOGO ON A CHEESECAKE.

>> OH, THIS IS OUR LAST SHOW.

>> THANK YOU, GUYS, WE LOVE YOU.

>> IN AN EXCLUSIVE REPORT FROM "ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY," IT'S IGNITING "GAME OF THRONES” EXCITEMENT INCLUDING A SNEAK PEEK INTO THE MASSIVE BATTLE SCENE THAT WILL END IT ALL.

>> VERY EXCITED. IT'S AN INCREDIBLE ARTICLE FROM "EW" BECAUSE THEY REVEAL THE INTERVIEW THEY DID WITH THE CREATORS OF "GAME OF THRONES” WHEN THE CREATORS REVEALED THEY LIED TO HBO WHEN THEY ASKED IF THEY COULD STICK TO THE SEASON ONE BUDGET. INITIALLY THEY THOUGHT THEY WOULD HAVE TO DO THE FINAL SEASON IN THREE MOVIES AS THE ONLY WAY TO CAPTURE THIS WHOLE BATTLE. LUCKILY HBO SAID, HERE'S $15 MILLION PER EPISODE, GO FOR IT.

>> AND THEY DON'T WANT TO SEND EVERY VIEWER TO A THEATER. IT'S A SMART MOVE FOR EVERYBODY.

>> I'M A BIG "GAME OF THRONES” FAN, AND I'M EXCITED TO WATCH THE FINALE, FINAL SEASON. HOWEVER, I NEED TO LIKE REINTEGRATE MYSELF INTO THAT WORLD. IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WATCHED IT. SO FOR THE STAKES TO BE AS HIGH FOR ME, I DEFINITELY NEED TO REWATCH SOME.

>> ARE YOU GOING TO REWATCH ALL OF IT OR JUST SOME?

>> I REWATCHED ALL OF IT THIS YEAR. SOMEBODY'S I REWATCHED ALL OF IT LAST YEAR SO I DON'T KNOW THAT I'LL DO THAT AGAIN. BUT I DEFINITELY NEED TO WATCH SOME OF IT. WHEN I READ ABOUT THE BIGGEST BATTLE YET, THAT DOESN'T SOUND INTERESTING TO ME. I DON'T WATCH "GAME OF THRONES” BECAUSE I LOVE WATCHING 5,000 TROLLS FIGHT EACH OTHER IN A FIELD. I LIKE THE SMALL -- YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

>> THE HUMAN DRAMA.

>> THE ACTION SCENES, I'M LIKE, THE MORE ACTION, THE MORE BORING THAT IS FOR ME. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING?

>> YOU'RE THAT KIND OF VIEWER, WHICH IS THE REASON A LOT OF PEOPLE WATCH "GAME OF THRONES” BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE FANTASY. BUT IN THE END IT'S A FANTASY STORY, LIKE "LORD OF THE RINGS,” IT WILL END IN A CLIMACTIC BATTLE.

>> YOUR SENTIMENTS ARE SOMETHING THEY'RE TRYING TO THINK ABOUT. D.B. WEISS SAID IT'S NOT GOING TO BE JUST BLOOD AND GORE.

>> THE BATTLE SCENES AREN'T GENERIC, IT'S NOT LIKE, DEATH, MURDER, I GET IT. LIKE THE NIGHT WALKERS, I THOUGHT THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST BATTLES EVER, IT WAS LITERALLY JUST A BUNCH OF SKELETONS AND I THOUGHT IT WOULD GET BORING BUT IT WASN'T.

>> I'M READING THIS "EW” ARTICLE, I WAS CRYING, ONLY SIX EPISODES LEFT? IT FEELS LIKE NOTHING.

>> EACH EPISODE WILL BE AN HOUR?

>> A LITTLE BIT OVER AN HOUR. KIT HARINGTON CRIED TWICE DURING THE READING, THE SECOND TIME WAS BECAUSE AT THE END INSTEAD OF SAYING AT THE END OF SEASON 6 OR 7, IT'S THE END OF "GAME OF THRONES.”

>> SOPHIE TURNER SAID SHE HAD TO TAKE A LONG, LONG WALK AFTER SHE READ IT AND PROCESS THINGS. THE CAST WAS SAYING THEY FELT STUPID BECAUSE IT'S JUST A STORY. BUT IT'S LIKE, THESE STORIES MATTER, THEY'RE SO MEANINGFUL, THESE CHARACTERS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE SOME OF THESE FAMILIES, SOME OF THEM I HATE, SOME OF THEM I'M SO EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO. HUMAN STORIES ARE SO IMPORTANT TO US.

>> I THINK THEY'RE ALL JUST GOING TO GO ON LINDSAY LOHAN'S ISLAND.

>> THAT'S A GOOD POSSIBLE ENDING.

>> FINGERS CROSSED, THEY ALL COME BACK TO LIFE. HAVE A BIG ORGY.

>> WE'LL SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE DIE, WHICH IS WHAT WE'VE COME TO EXPECT FROM "GAME OF THRONES". THEY'VE SEPTEMBER THIS CORE GROUP.

>> I WANT TO SEE DAENERYS TO GET THAT THRONE.

>> I DON'T THINK THERE'S GOING TO BE ONE KINGDOM. I THINK THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT SURVIVE ARE TYRION AND SANSA. SANSA WILL LEAD THE NORTH AND TYRION IS THE HEART OF THE SHOW. ARYA IS TOO FAR GONE.

>> HAVE YOU READ THE BOOKS?

>> YES. BUT THEY'VE PASSED THE BOOKS.

>> BECAUSE THE WAY -- THE CONFIDENCE WITH WHICH HE SAID THAT.

>> GEORGE R.R. MARTIN --

>> THIS IS AN FUCKING SPOILER.

>> I HAVE CONFIDENCE ABOUT "GAME OF THRONES.” I COULD VERY MUCH BE WRONG.

>> YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOME INSIDER --

>> I DON'T.

>> MY COUSIN, JON SNOW.

>> YOU REMEMBER, IS HIS NAME GENDRY, THE ONE ROBERT BARATHEON CHILD THAT'S STILL ALIVE, WHY ARE THEY KEEPING HIM AROUND?

>> THAT'S FAIR. HE'S AN ILLEGITIMATE SON.

>> WHAT'S THE POINT OF STILL HAVING HIM NOW?

>> HE'S A GOOD CHARACTER. I DON'T KNOW, HE'LL PULL OFF SOME SORT OF PLOT.

>> WHO WAS HE? DO WE SEE HIM?

>> YEAH, HE WAS IN THAT --

>> HE'S A SWORDSMITH.

>> MELISANDRE TRIED TO SACRIFICE HIM.

>> OH.

>> I LIKE HIS SCENES WITH ARYA, HE'S SO NICE TO HER.

>> SHUT UP.

>> I'M GOING TO THROW A CHEESECAKE AT YOU.

>> THE WAY YOU SAY IT IS TOO CASUAL.

>> I'M GOING TO CRY, I'M GOING TO CRY.

>> WE'LL SEE ONE OF THEM GO TRAGICALLY.

>> I WANT TO SEE THEM HAVE SEX AT LEAST FIVE MORE TIMES.

>> I DON'T CARE, DRAGON ON DRAGON.

>> I TOLD YOU I LOVE CERCE AND JAMIE, I DON'T GIVE AN SHIT, I'M FROM TENNESSEE.

>> AS LONG AS THEY'RE ATTRACTIVE, INCEST IS FINE.

>> MOVING ON, CARLY RAE JEPSEN JUST RELEASED A NEW SINGLE CALLED "PARTY OF ONE" AND FANS ARE LOVING IT. IT WILL BE IN YOUR HEAD FOR DAYS AND FEATURES A MUSIC VIDEO WITH WIGS, SEX TOYS AND MORE. I LOVE THAT SHE REFUSES TO BE A ONE-HIT WONDER, THAT GIRL KEEPS MAKING SONGS.

>> CARLY RAE JEPSEN IS HAVING A MOMENT AND WE NEED TO GIVE IT TO HER. SHE HAS EXPLODED, SHE HAS GROWN. SHE IS ONE OF THE ARTISTS OF OUR GENERATION. I'M JOKING.

>> THERE IS A CARLY RAE JEPSEN FAN HERE WHO IS SO PISSED AT YOU RIGHT NOW.

>> HOW DID CARLY RAE JEPSEN FANS DEAL WITH SOMEONE NOT LIKING HER, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, CALL ME?

>> MAYBE, YOU NEVER KNOW.

>> I WILL SAY THE BEGINNING OF THIS NEW SONG SOUNDS LIKE THE BEGINNING OF CALL ME MAYBE.

>> SHE REOPENED HER GUITAR BAND FILE AND WAS LIKE, LET ME DRAG THIS PART OVER HERE.

>> THE MUSIC VIDEO IS CUTE, THOUGH, IT'S REALLY FUN.

>> THERE'S LOTS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE IN IT. YOU GET TO SEE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BODIES.

>> THE GUY WHO EATS SPAGHETTI IN A BATHTUB.

>> MADE ME THINK OF YOU.

>> OH, THANK YOU. SPAGHETTI IN THE BATHTUB OR THE OLD LADY?

>> NO, THE SPAGHETTI.

>> BOTH.

>> SHE'S NOT PRETENDING TO BE THIS DEEP ASS MUSICIAN. SHE'S LIKE, I'M POP AND I'M GOOD AT IT.

>> WHAT DO YOU GUYS LIKE TO DO ALONE?

>> BRITTANY.

>> BRITTANY.

>> I LOVE DOING EVERYTHING ALONE. I LOVE BEING ALONE. EVEN WHEN I'M WITH PEOPLE, I WAIT FOR THOSE PEOPLE TO FALL ASLEEP SO I CAN BE ALONE.

>> I WAS REFERRING TO THE SECRET SINGLE BEHAVIOR LIKE "SEX AND THE CITY," WHAT'S THE WEIRD THING YOU DO? SHE WOULD EAT LIKE SALTINE CRACKERS WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY.

>> I DO THAT.

>> WHO DOES THAT?

>> SARAH JESSICA PARKER.

>> I DON'T KNOW, EAT LIKE JACK'S CHEESE PUFFS IN BED, SMOKE SOME POT.

>> JACK'S CHEESE PUFFS? I HAVEN'T TRIED THOSE.

>> OH, MY GOD, THEY'RE THE BEST, I'LL BRING IN A BAG.

>> I DANCE IN MY APARTMENT A LOT.

>> THAT'S NO SURPRISE, YOU DANCE HERE SO MUCH.

>> I KNOW, I DANCE ALL THE TIME. IF ANYBODY LOOKED IN MY WINDOW THEY WOULD BE LIKE, IS SHE HAVING A SEIZURE? IT'S ALL THE TIME.

>> I TALK TO THE MIRROR. I DO DO THE OCCASIONAL TRY ON CLOTHES. DO YOU WANT TO DO A PARTY TONIGHT?

>> DO YOU REALLY DO THAT?

>> I DON'T RAP. IT'S LIKE, YOU STUPID BITCH, WHEN I GO TO A PARTY.

>> ARE YOU LIKE, YOU GOT THIS, LIKE YOU CAN GET DO THE WHOLE LESBIAN IF YOU WANT.

>> CATE BLANCHETT, WOO. LOCK, LIKE, YOU LOOK GOOD, YOU'RE GOOD, WE'RE GOOD, OKAY, WE'RE GOOD, AND I WALK OUT.

>> SHANNON, WE ALL WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU DO.

>> THE FREAK I AM IN THE OPEN IS THE SAME FREAK I AM ALONE. I DON'T HIDE MY TRUE SELF. THERE'S NO MORE EXTRA HIDDEN FREAK.

>> OH, DAMN.

>> SORRY ABOUT THAT.

>> THAT'S OKAY.

>> BUT IN OTHER NEWS, ONE SIMPLE TEXT. THAT'S ALL IT TOOK FOR NICK JONAS TO STEAL PRIYANKA CHOPRA'S HEART. IN AN INTERVIEW SHE DISHED HOW HER ROAD TO JONAS KICKED OFF, REVEALING THE SINGER WAS THE FIRST TO MAKE THE MOVE WITH A BOLD TEXT SAYING I THINK WE SHOULD CONNECT. AND THE REST IS HISTORY.

>> WOW.

>> OH, MY GOD.

>> NOTHING MORE ROMANTIC THAN A LINKEDIN CONNECTION.

>> YEAH, A BOLD, BOLD TEXT. LET'S CONNECT.

>> I WONDER IF PEOPLE WERE LIKE, YOU GUYS WOULD GET ALONG, WAS THAT THE PREAMBLE?

>> I THINK THEY JUST LOOKED AT EACH OTHER. THEY'RE BOTH HOT. THEY'RE LIKE, WE SHOULD DO THIS.

>> I'M GETTING LIKE -- IF YOU THINK DAENERYS AND JON SNOW LOOK RELATED, THIS IS THE TRUE AUNT AND UNCLE.

>> DO YOU GUYS NOT CARE ABOUT THIS OR SOMETHING?

>> IT'S NICE.

>> I THINK THEY LOOK GREAT TOGETHER. IT ALSO DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY THINK BECAUSE THEY'RE GOING TO GET MARRIED AND DO THEIR THING. PEOPLE ARE LIKE, IS THIS FAKE OR IS THIS REAL? DOESN'T MATTER.

>> I THINK IT'S DEFINITELY REAL, WHEN THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER, I CAN FEEL THE ENERGY. THERE'S ONE PHOTO FROM THE BACK AND THEY'RE MEETING SOME FAMOUS DESIGNER AND SHE HAS HER HAND PLACED ON HIS BACK VERY GENTLY AND IT'S LIKE A MOTHERLY SORT OF TOUCH. IT LOOKS VERY SINCERE AND NICE.

>> I GET IT, SHE'S BEAUTIFUL, SHE'S SUCCESSFUL, SHE'S OLDER, LET'S DRAMA. NICK JONAS AND I HAVE A LOT IN COMMON, APPARENTLY. GOOD FOR HIM.

>> WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER TEXT? "LET'S CONNECT" IS SORT OF LIKE, YEAH, THAT'S NICE. IT WASN'T LIKE, "YOU UP?”

>> YEAH, "LET'S CONNECT" MAKES SENSE TO ME.

>> SO MANY PEOPLE TEXT ME, JUST "HEY.” JUST H-E-Y. THAT'S IT, I HAVE TO RESPOND TO THIS? AND I'LL GO, HEY. AND THEN HE'LL BE LIKE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? AND I'M LIKE, NOTHING. AND IT'S SO SLOW. AND FIVE HOURS LATER, WANNA HANG OUT? WE COULD HAVE JUST DONE THIS, I COULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN OVER, DUDE.

>> I DON'T ENGAGE WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT. I TRY TO GET WITTY REALLY QUICK. YOU TRY TO THROW IN A JOKE. YOU'RE DATING ONLINE, TO PULL SOMETHING FROM THEIR PROFILE, BUT IT TURNS INTO SO MUCH WORK IF THEY DON'T ENGAGE BACK.

>> THE MASTER OF WHOLE FOODS, DO YOU WANT ME TO TAKE YOU OUT FOR SOMETHING, THAT'S FUNNY.

>> IT'S BEEN SO HARD FOR ME TO DATE RECENTLY BECAUSE OF MY GIRLFRIEND, SHE'S LIKE, DUDE, LET ME LIVE.

>> SHE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND.

>> SPEAKING OF THE COUPLE THAT IS NO LONGER TOGETHER IS ALI SENT US A VIDEO, ALI HAS BEEN FOLLOWING IT SINCE DAY ONE.

>> HE TEARS BLUE.

>> HE TEARS BLUE NOW. THE "SNL" PROMO, CAN YOU TELL US WHAT HAPPENED?

>> "SNL," JONAH HILL AND MAGGIE DID A PROMO WHERE PETE ASKED MAGGIE ROGERS IF SHE'LL MARRY HIM AND SHE SAYS NO AND HE GOES, UH, OH FOR THREE. ARIANA GRANDE TWEETED, WOW, FOR SOMEONE WHO REALLY HATES THE SPOTLIGHT, YOU SURE LOVE CLINGING TO IT.

>> WOW.

>> WHICH WAS THE FIRST TIME WE HEARD HER SPEAK OUT AGAINST HIM OR ABOUT THE SITUATION. I THINK IT'S PRETTY FUCKING LAME TO BE DOING THAT PROMO. I THINK FIRST OF ALL IT'S SO IMMATURE TO STILL TALK ABOUT IT. I UNDERSTAND, THOUGH, THAT IF YOU KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MAKE THESE JOKES YOU KIND OF WANT TO BEAT THEM TO IT.

>> NOBODY WAS GOING TO MAKE THAT JOKE. HE DID THAT FOR HIMSELF AS A DIG TO HER. HE KNEW THAT SHE WAS -- I THINK HE KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO GET UPSET WITH THAT. WE DON'T KNOW THE TERMS OF WHY THEY BROKE UP. IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT TO YOUR EX PUBLICLY, YOU KNOW THAT'S GOING TO CREATE A RESPONSE.

>> AND HE'S ALSO JUST LIKE NOT -- LIKE WE'VE NEVER THOUGHT PETE DAVIDSON POSSIBLY WAS GOING TO TURN INTO A MATURE MAN SOME DAY. HE'S GOING TO BE AN ETERNAL CHILD. HE'S HAD A HARD LIFE IN THE BEGINNING AND NOW HE'S KIND OF LUCKED OUT AND STILL WE ALL KNOW HE'S STRUGGLING A LOT. SO I DON'T EVER THINK WE'RE GOING TO LOOK AT HIM AND BE LIKE, HE HANDLED THAT THE PERFECT WAY POSSIBLE.

>> JOKES ABOUT HIS FATHER AND 9/11, THOSE JOKES ARE SO MUCH DARKER. THIS JOKE DOESN'T EVEN AFFECT ME BECAUSE I'M LIKE, OF COURSE, NO BIG DEAL.

>> I THINK IT'S PART OF HIS SELF-DEPRECATING HUMOR. I JUST FEEL LIKE SINCE THAT WAS SUCH A PUBLIC LOVE AFFAIR AND THAT HE WAS SO PROFUSELY IN LOVE WITH HER, IT SEEMED, VIA SOCIAL MEDIA, THAT IT SEEMS VERY WEIRD, HE'S SO NONCHALANT ABOUT IT.

>> WELL, HE'S HURT.

>> LIKE SHANNON SAID, IF HE WAS MATURE, HE WOULDN'T TALK ABOUT IT.

>> I AGREE WITH YOU. SHE WAS PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING DAY IN "WICKED.”

>> SHE WAS GREAT.

>> HE HAD A COMEDY PERFORMANCE THAT HE CANCELED, HE CLEARLY IS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING UP AND DOING STUFF. I COULD SEE HIM IN THE WRITERS' ROOM IN "SNL," PUSHING THIS JOKE OUT AND SAYING, I WANT TO DO THIS JOKE AND MAGGIE ROGERS BEING LIKE, I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS JOKE.

>> GOOD FOR ARIANNA FOR MAKING HIM LOOK DUMB. HE LOOKS DUMB.

>> GOOD FOR HER FOR BEING SO CONSISTENT ON HER SOCIAL MEDIA. I FEEL LIKE TIME AND TIME AGAIN PEOPLE COME OUT WITH DUMB ARTICLES AND RUMORS AND SHE JUST GOES STRAIGHT TO TWITTER AND CLEARS IT UP. I APPRECIATE HER KEEPING IT REAL.

>> ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, WE'LL BE TAKING A BREAK FOR A FEW DAYS. MEANTIME MAKE SURE YOU GO OUT AND VOTE ON NOVEMBER 6th. BEFORE WE LEAVE, I AM VERY CURIOUS, BECAUSE I ALWAYS AM, WHY EACH OF YOU GUYS ARE VOTING.

>> I'M NOT GOING TO VOTE. NO, I AM VOTING.

>> NOT EVEN FUNNY, ALI.

>> I'M OBVIOUSLY VOTING. I'M VOTING BECAUSE IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION TO THE MIDTERMS. I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY THAT. AND, YOU KNOW, AFTER THE SHOOTING AT THE SYNAGOGUE IN PITTSBURGH, AS A JEWISH PERSON, AS A GAY PERSON, IT'S REALLY -- WE NEED TO MAKE OUR OPINIONS HEARD AND PROTECT EACH OTHER AND OURSELVES.

>> LOVE THAT. [ APPLAUSE ]

>> SHANNON?

>> THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL, ALI.

>> THANK YOU.

>> VOTING IS A RIGHT THAT I HAVE. TAKING IT FOR GRANTED IS NOT SOMETHING I WOULD FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING. THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING HELD BACK FROM GETTING THEIR VOICES HEARD, FROM BEING ABLE TO VOTE. THIS IS SUCH A SHADY MIDTERM ELECTION. WE'RE HEARING IT IN THE NEWS. AND I JUST HAVE TO DO MY PART. AND I HOPE EVERYBODY DOES THEIR PART. LITERALLY IT'S NOT -- I KNOW THAT IT SEEMS LIKE IT DOESN'T MATTER, BUT I FEEL SO DRAMATIC ABOUT IT, I FEEL LIKE LIVES ARE ON THE LINE AND I DON'T FEEL DRAMATIC SAYING THAT, IN A WEIRD WAY. THIS IS "GAME OF THRONES" STYLE LIVING IS WHAT WE'RE DOING NOW. I KNOW IT'S NOT LIKE THE FUNNEST THING TO DO BUT I REALLY FEEL LIKE IT'S SO IMPORTANT. AND WE CAN MAKE A HUGE CHANGE. AND WE'VE HAD SO MANY GREAT GUESTS ON THE SHOWS, LIKE THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS, ALL, ALL, WANTED US TO VOTE.

>> DO IT FOR GIULIANA RANCIC.

>> HONESTLY.

>> WHOEVER. I'M WITH YOU GUYS BOTH. I'M VOTING FOR ME, BECAUSE I LOVE MY FREEDOM AND I KNOW THAT IT IS SOMETHING THAT IS PRECIOUS AND VULNERABLE BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE, BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT STRICTER GUN LAWS, BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN AND I WANT TO HAVE CONTROL OVER MY OWN BODY. THOSE ARE WHY I VOTE. I ENCOURAGE EVERYBODY TO REALLY LOOK INSIDE THEMSELVES AND FIND OUT WHAT'S IMPORTANT FOR THEM. RESEARCH THE CANDIDATES. CLIMATE CHANGE, THERE ARE CANDIDATES WHO WILL DO MORE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS THAN OTHERS. CLIMATE CHANGE IS SOMETHING WE NEED TO BE AWARE OF AND OPEN OUR EYES TO. WHATEVER YOUR POLITICAL PARTY, TAKE THE TIME, TAKE 30 MINUTES, RESEARCH AND VOTE FOR YOURSELF.

>> IT'S NOVEMBER. IT'S HOT OUT.

>> DON'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF.

>> NO, I KNOW.

>> I ACTUALLY VOTED YESTERDAY BECAUSE I WILL BE TRAVELING ON ELECTION DAY. I VOTED ABSENTEE IN NEW YORK. IT'S HARD FOR ME NOT TO THINK ABOUT 2016 AND THE FEELING I HAD THE DAY AFTERWARDS. AND FEELING ABSOLUTELY HOPELESS AND NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO. IN THE PAST TWO YEARS, CHARLOTTESVILLE, IMMIGRATION, THE CHILDREN BEING DETAINED, THE MASS SHOOTINGS IN VEGAS AND PARKLAND AND TREE OF LIFE, THE RISE OF ANTI-SEMITISM, THE RISE OF RACISM AND HOMOPHOBIA. THE ISSUES THAT ARE AT STAKE, GLOBAL WARMING, HEALTH CARE, EDUCATION, THINGS THAT THE GOP IS ADMITTING THEY WILL RIP AWAY FROM US. FOR ME, ULTIMATELY, AND THAT'S WHY I VOTED FOR SECRETARY CLINTON, THAT'S WHY I VOTED FOR DEMOCRATS YESTERDAY, AND YOU MAY DISAGREE ON THIS, I DON'T LIKE SAYING TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK BECAUSE OF THE NEGATIVE CONNOTATION OF THAT, I THINK OF THE DONALD TRUMP CAMPAIGN, TAKING THE COUNTRY BACK FROM WHOM, AND IT WAS FROM MINORITIES, FROM WOMEN. THIS IS A CLICHE BUT WE ARE THE FUTURE. WE NEED TO MAKE THE CHANGES WE WANT TO SEE. TO DO THAT, IT'S VOTING. IT'S NOT JUST OUR CIVIC DUTY. IT'S OUR SUPERPOWER. IT'S OUR PRIVILEGE THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIED FOR AND WILL CONTINUE TO DIE FOR. I IMPLORE ALL OF YOU TO PLEASE GO OUT AND VOTE. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF OUR LIFETIME. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING, THIS IS IT. WE NEED TO HOLD THIS ADMINISTRATION ACCOUNTABLE AND WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY FORWARD. [ APPLAUSE ]

>> WE JUST WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

>> WE JUST WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

>> ARE YOU RUNNING FOR OFFICE?

>> JUST WAIT AND SEE, GUYS.

>> TALK SHOW HOST OR PRESIDENT? LUKAS THIMM.

>> WOO! BUT I'M NOT RUNNING FOR AUDIENCE YET, BUT WE ARE GOING ON BREAK. YOU CAN LISTEN TO BUILD BRUNCH ON iTUNES AND CATCH YOUR FAVORITE EPISODES. SEE YOU ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12th, SAME TIME, SAME TABLE, LOVE YOU ALL, LOVE YOU ALL. THIS IS AMAZING. [ APPLAUSE ] \M\M \M\M \M\M

Sebastian Stan

Always a pleasure to sit down with the great Sebastian Stan. From working with Nicole Kidman on "Destroyer" to his role as Winter Soldier in the MCU, listen to what the actor had to say. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

William Jackson Harper

We had a blast kicking our week off with William Jackson Harper of NBC's "The Good Place!" Hear what it's like on the set of the hit show and why he loves working with Kristen Bell. (Photo Credit: Jammi York /BUILD )

Killer Mike

Talk about being woke! 😳 Our conversation with Killer Mike of Run The Jewels and Netflix's "Trigger Warning" was one for the books. It's a must-watch! (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Beatrice Vantapool, Matt Medved, Lauren Moraski & Kevan Kenney

From Ariana Grande's new song to Logic's place in the industry, be sure to tune in to our discussion with our 4 music experts! (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Adam Conover

Adam Conover definitely doesn't ruin everything; the proof is our awesome chat with him. Find out how the investigative comedian came up with the show, "Adam Ruins Everything." (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Baron Davis & Brandon Armstrong

Our hilarious chat with "WTF Baron Davis" stars will leave you "balling!" See what we did there. 🤣...Make sure to tune in to hear all about the new Fuse series. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Mary Wiseman, Sonequa Martin-Green, Anthony Rapp & Anson Mount

We had the pleasure of talking with the stars of "Star Trek: Discovery" about season 2 of the CBS series. If you want to live long and prosper then check out our convo with this awesome cast. 🖖 (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Melissa B. Miller Costanzo & Molly Ringwald

If there's anyone who knows a thing or two about coming-of-age stories it's Molly Ringwald. Watch our discussion with Ringwald and director Melissa B. Miller Costanzo about their film, "All These Small Moments." (Photo Credit: Jammi York /BUILD )

Dianna Agron

There's no such thing as perfect, but Dianna Agron has us thinking otherwise! 😫 From her "Glee" days to her Cafe Carlyle return, the talented actress and musician gave us all the details! (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Spencer Treat Clark

"Unbreakable" + "Split" = "Glass" which makes us 🤩! Don't miss Spencer Treat Clark share his experience about getting back on-set with Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and go-kart racing with James McAvoy. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Jonas Åkerlund & Mads Mikkelsen

Mads Mikkelsen and director Jonas Åkerlund make one hell of a team and the evidence is "Polar." Hear all about the (freezing 🥶) blast they had filming the new Netflix Original movie. (Photo Credit: Jammi York /BUILD )

Jameer Pond, Shannon Coffey & Kevan Kenney

Check out what our host Kevan, cultural commentator Jameer and comedian/BUILD Brunch host Shannon had to say about #NewMusicFriday in what was a great and hilarious first Weekend Listen of 2019. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Steve Zahn, Bradley Whitford, Matthew Carnahan, Stephan Paternot & Lamorne Morris

You ever wonder how the internet came to be? 🤔 Well, here's your chance to find out! Watch our convo with the folks behind Nat Geo's limited series, "Valley of the Boom. (Photo Credit: JP Yim /BUILD )

Haley Joel Osment

The second season of Hulu's "Future Man" is upon us! Find out what Haley Joel Osment likes about working on the comedy and what other projects you can catch him in later this year. (Photo Credit: Jammi York /BUILD )

Megan Boone

From working with the prolific James Spader to sliding into DMs and being more eco-friendly, we had a great time chatting with "The Blacklist" star Megan Boone. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Manuel Rulfo-Garcia & Manolo Caro

Vea nuestra entrevista con director Manolo Caro y actor Manuel Garcia-Rulfo sobre su nueva película,"Perfectos Desconocidos." ¡Estarás feliz de haberlo hecho! (Photo Credit: Jammi York /BUILD )

Jenna Coleman

She just gives regal vibes! Jenna Coleman, who plays Queen Victoria on PBS' "Victoria," sat down to talk with us about the acclaimed series. Tune in! (Photo Credit: Jammi York /BUILD )

Alice Eve

If only there were two of Alice Eve, but we'll gladly take the one! 🥰  The "Replicas" star gave us the details of what it was like shooting the film, working with Keanu Reeves and more. (Photo Credit: BUILD /BUILD )

Terry Crews

To know him is to love him! The always motivational and wise Terry Crews stopped by to talk the new season of  "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and his gig as host of "AGT: The Champions." (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Catriona Gray

That smile though! 😊 Catriona Gray, aka Miss Universe, Philippines 2018, told us how much she appreciates all her supporters and what fuels her as a person and advocate. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Josh Dallas

🗣 We're back and we're calling all Manifesters! Hear what about the "Manifest" script drew actor Josh Dallas to the NBC series. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Allison Williams

We were lucky enough to kick off the new year with none other than the lovely Allison Williams! Find out what she enjoyed about joining "A Series of Unfortunate Events". (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Lyrica Okano

We ended our 2018 on a high note with Lyrica Okano! The star of the Hulu original, Marvel's "Runaways," shared what it's like working for the renowned comic behemoth. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Paris Hilton

Now that's 🔥! The one and only Paris Hilton stopped by the studio to chat about her time working on the Netflix documentary, "The American Meme," and more.  (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Willem Dafoe

Genuinely one of our favorite guests, it's always a pleasure to have the great Willem Dafoe. Watch our discussion about his Vincent Van Gogh portrayal in the film, "At Eternity's Gate." (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Robert Zemeckis

Robert Zemeckis is the man behind every film we've come to know and love! Hear what he had to say about creating the new unique drama, "Welcome to Marwen." (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

Amy Adams & Steve Carell

It's not every day that we have actors of such magnitude like Amy Adams and Steve Carell! You cannot miss our conversation with the stars of the Golden Globe-nominated film, "Vice."

(Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Cody Simpson

Cody Simpson has made his Broadway debut on the amazing "Anastasia," and we couldn't be happier! Find out what the actor/singer has been enjoying most about the musical. (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Hailee Steinfeld

She sure can take a photo! 😍 We were ecstatic to talk to the lovely Hailee Steinfeld about her role in the new Transformers film, "Bumblebee," and more! (Photo Credit: Noam Galai /BUILD )

Colson Baker (Machine Gun Kelly), Rosa Salazar, Danielle Macdonald, Lil Rel Howrey & Susanne Bier

Your Netflix list is going to get a bit longer because you're going to want to see "Bird Box!" The film's cast and director shared some of the funniest moments on-set. (Photo Credit: Mike Pont /BUILD )

of