Phenomenal Women

09.19.18

Chrissy Teigen Talks About Her Latest Book, 'Cravings: Hungry for More'

'Cravings: Hungry for More' takes us further into Chrissy Teigen’s kitchen . . . and life. It’s a life of pancakes that remind you of blueberry pie, eating onion dip with your glam squad, banana bread that breaks the internet, and a little something called Pad Thai Carbonara. After two years of parenthood, falling in love with different flavors, and relearning the healing power of comfort food, this book is like Teigen’s new edible diary: recipes for quick-as-a-snap meals; recipes for lighter, brighter, healthier-ish living; and recipes that, well, are gonna put you to bed, holding your belly and it will have you hungry for more.

View Transcript

>> HEY I’M BRITTANY JONES-COOPER AND TODAY WE ARE GOING TO TALK 
ABOUT FOOD WITH CHRISSY TEIGEN!

>> THE MODEL, THE TV HOST, AND NY TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR HAS JUST RELEASED HER SECOND COOKBOOK, “CRAVINGS: HUNGRY FOR MORE” WHICH FEATURES RECIPES FOR EVERY MEAL AND EVERY OCCASION. IT’S AN EDIBLE FOOD DIARY FOR A LIGHTER BRIGHTER LIFESTYLE. PLEASE WELCOME CHRISSY TEIGEN!

>> THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME! THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD INTRO, THANK YOU!

>> LET'S TALK ABOUT "CRAVINGS." I'VE HAD THIS BOOK A COUPLE DAYS NOW. I GOT A SNEAK PREVIEW.

>> THANK YOU.

>> IT'S SO MUCH FUN, OBVIOUSLY, IT'S THE FOLLOW-UP TO YOUR FIRST ONE. WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S THE RIGHT TIME?

>> BECAUSE IT WAS LIKE THE SECOND BABY. THE FIRST ONE, I HAD SO MANY QUESTIONS, I WAS SO NERVOUS, SO SCARED. THE RECIPES WERE EASIER TO COME BY. I HAD AN ARSENAL. THE SECOND ONE WAS TOUGH, IT WAS LIKE I PUT SO MUCH IN THE FIRST BOOK. PEOPLE REALLY, REALLY LOVED IT. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN HAPPEN NOW IS EITHER PEOPLE LOVE IT JUST AS MUCH, OR -- BECAUSE THE FIRST ONE DID SO WELL OR THEY DON'T. JOHN COMPARES IT TO AN ALBUM, HE'S LIKE, YOU DON'T KNOW IF PEOPLE TAKE TO SOMETHING NATURALLY AND THEY FALL IN LOVE WITH IT. THE SCARIEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN IS COULD BE THAT THEY DON'T LOVE IT ANYMORE. I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING HEALTHIER. AND QUICKER. THEN I REALIZED I WANTED REALLY GOOD FOOD WITH GOOD FLAVORS. IF ANYTHING, I WOULD SAY IT'S NATURALLY SIMPLER AND QUICKER BECAUSE I CUT DOWN ON THE INGREDIENTS BECAUSE I PERSONALLY WOULDN'T MAKE ME DO THE SAME THINGS I DID IN THE FIRST BOOK. I HAVE PEOPLE MAKING THEIR OWN PITA CHIPS AND TORTILLA CHIPS JUST TO SPRINKLE ON TORTILLA SOUP. I'M LIKE, GO GET SOME CHIPS. CRUMBLE IT UP, IT WILL BE GREAT. A LITTLE BIT NATURALLY EASIER.

>> YOU DON'T NEED A GIMMICK, AND THAT'S BECAUSE ALSO YOU PUT SO MUCH OF YOURSELF INTO IT.

>> THANK YOU.

>> SO THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL.

>> I THINK IT'S A FUN READ. PEOPLE GENUINELY ENJOY GOING THROUGH AND SLIPPING THROUGH THE PAGES. EVEN THE ACTUAL COPY OF THE RECIPE, WE TRY TO BE VERY RELAXED IN IT. THE BIG THING WITH THE FIRST BOOK WAS I DIDN'T WANT TO INTIMIDATE PEOPLE. I WANTED THE PHOTOS TO LOOK -- I WANTED THE FOOD TO LOOK REALISTIC AND ATTAINABLE. YOU GUYS CAN REALLY MAKE EVERYTHING. NOBODY CAN'T COOK. YOU KNOW. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

>> THE INTRO TO EACH RECIPE IS SO MUCH FUN. I THINK FOR A FAN OF YOURS, THAT'S THE BIG TAKEAWAY. I LEARNED SO MUCH FROM YOU.

>> IT'S LIKE A LOT OF RAMBLING AND RUN-ON SENTENCES. AND EVERYONE IS LIKE, YOUR GRAMMAR IS TERRIBLE.

>> NO, NO. I FEEL LIKE I WAS MORE CONNECTED TO YOU IN YOUR LOVE OF MEATBALLS. BECAUSE YOU TALK ABOUT SUBWAY MEATBALL SANDWICHES. AND NOW YOU LEARNED I'M ACTUALLY ONE OF THE PSYCHOPATHS OUT THERE THAT STILL ACTUALLY GETS THE MEATBALL SUB. ORDERING THE MEATBALL SUB FROM SUBWAY IS LIKE A TRAVESTY. I LIVE IN LITTLE ITALY.

>> AND I DON'T CARE. SOMEBODY IS LIKE, IT'S MADE OF YOGA MATS. I JUST DON'T CARE. I LIKE SAUCY FOODS. AND I AM DRAWN TO FOODS THAT REMIND ME OF OTHER TIMES I HAD THAT SPECIFIC TYPE OF FOOD. I LIKE MEMORABLE THINGS. I LIKE HEARTY DISHES. BIG BOLD FLAVORS. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN THAT PERSON.

>> HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO HAVE YOUR FAMILY? A WHOLE SECTION WITH YOUR MOM'S THAI RECIPES, YOUR DAD'S BURGERS ARE IN THERE.

>> YEAH, VERY IMPORTANT. I WASN'T GOING TO PAY THEM BUT -- YEAH, MY FAMILY, WE ARE, YOU KNOW, ONE GIANT HOUSEHOLD. SOMETIMES, I LOOK AROUND AND THINK, I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS A FUNCTIONING HOUSE. YEAH, MOM, REALLY DOES LOVE TO BE IN THE KITCHEN. AND WE REALLY DO SPEND ALL OF OUR TIME IN THE KITCHEN. THE FAMILY ROOM IS CONNECTED. IN MY INSTAGRAM VIDEO, IT'S TAKEN FROM THE SAME ANGLE. IT'S ME IN THE COUCH. THE KITCHEN IS IN THE BACKGROUND. IT'S ALL KIND OF ONE CONNECTED ROOM. WHEN WE SAY WE LIVE IN THE KITCHEN, WE REALLY LIVE IN IT. WE SLEEP ON THAT COUCH A LOT. YOU KNOW, THAT'S OUR HOME. THAT LITTLE CORNER OF THE HOUSE. AND IT'S SO IMPORTANT TO US. YEAH, I'VE SEEN PUTTING RECIPES IN THAT LUNA REALLY, REALLY LOVES. AND, OF COURSE, NOW, HER PALATE IS COMPLETELY CHANGED FROM WHEN WE SHOT THE BOOK.

>> WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RECIPE NOW?

>> THE THAI FRIED RIBS. I DIDN'T WANT TO PUT IT IN BECAUSE IT'S TOO EASY. IT'S TRULY JUST SALT, I’M SORRY SOY SAUCE AND A GIANT VAT OF OIL. YOU FRY THE RIBS. THEY'RE SO CHEWY AND TINY. THERE'S A PICTURE OF HER MUNCHING ON THEM.

>> IT'S SO CUTE.

>> SHE CAN PUT DOWN LIKE SEVEN TO TEN. YEAH. WE JUST HAD -- WHAT WAS I DOING, I HAD TO COOK FOR A MORNING SHOW AND, YEAH, IT WAS SHOCKING HOW MANY SHE COULD PUT DOWN. I’M VERY PROUD OF HER.

>> WHAT DOES JOHN’S GO TO?

>> GOSH, JOHN -- JOHN CAN BE A JERK BECAUSE HE REALLY ENJOYS THE HEALTHY RECIPES, WHICH IS FINE. BUT, YOU KNOW, I THINK WE'RE BOTH FINDING AS WE GROW OLDER, THINGS AREN'T -- POUNDS JUST AREN'T SHEDDING LIKE THEY USED TO. HE LIKES THE MEDITERRANEAN COUSCOUS. AND WE HAVE SIMPLE CHICKEN BREASTS THAT ARE SPICE RUBBED. AND MY MIND GOES TO BAGEL CREAM CHEESE BREAKFAST BAKE. WE'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE. WE DO FIND OURSELVES, YOU KNOW, HAVING TO NAVIGATE TO BE ABLE TO EAT BETTER, TOO. WHO KNOWS WHAT THE NEXT BOOK WILL BE, TOO. MY MIND IS RACING THINKING ABOUT IT.

>> I LIKE THAT PART OF THE INTRO. I DON'T NECESSARILY EAT HEALTHY. BUT THERE HAS BEEN A PUSH FOR ME TO EAT BETTER IN MY 30s. NOT ONLY TO LOOK GREAT, BUT TO FEEL GREAT.

>> YEAH.

>> I THINK IT'S SO IMPORTANT TO INDULGE IN THINGS AND TO BE ABLE TO I THINK IT WAS BETHANY, SHE WROTE, NEVER DENY YOURSELF THAT BITE OF SOMETHING YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU'LL GO CRAZY FOR IT LATER ON. THERE'S SO MANY SHARING RECIPE, SO MANY CASSEROLES, THERE'S SO MANY RECIPES IN THE BOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO SHARE THE RECIPE WITH PEOPLE. AND THE TIME LAPSED CHAPTER, IT'S GOT WAVES OF HEALTHINESS. AND THEN THAI FRIED RICE BALLS. IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES IN THE ENTIRE BOOK. AND THEN THE FISH CAKES. SO THERE'S JUST MORE FRIED. I FEEL LIKE THE FIRST ONE, CHEESE, HAM, BACON, CHEESE, MORE CHEESE. AND THIS ONE, I'M LIKE, IT'S GOOD WITHOUT HAM. OR I'M GOING TO TRY TO PUT IT IN WITHOUT IT.

>> YOU CAN USE LESS CHEESE.

>> YEAH.

>> ON THAT NOTE, I TRIED MY HAND AT MAKING ONE OF YOUR RECIPES. IT'S THE BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CHORIZO TOMATO BOWL.

>> OH. I SUBMITTED IT, I PUT IN THE RECIPE AND I MADE IT AGAIN. I’M LIKE THIS NEEDS HAM! AND THEN WE ENDED UP PUTTING CHORIZO IN IT.

>> IT'S FINE. LOOK, I MADE IT. THE COOLEST THING I HAD TO PUT THEM ON IS THIS CUTTING BOARD.

>> IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR ALL THE VEGETARIANS OUT THERE. SO PROUD OF IT, LIKE THEY'RE GOING TO LOVE THIS. THEN I HAD IT AGAIN AND IT WAS LIKE -- BUT YOU CAN LEAVE IT OUT, BUT LEAVE IT IN.

>> I NEED SOME MEAT. AND IT WAS SO GOOD.

>> THANK YOU.

>> IT WAS REALLY GOOD. AND EASY TO MAKE.

>> THANK YOU.

>> IT'S A LAST MINUTE RECIPE. I PUT IT IN, TOOK IT BACK AGAIN.

>> I THINK YOU SAID YOU WERE 8 MONTHS' PREGNANT?

>> YEAH, EVERYTHING CHANGES WHEN YOUR PREGNANT. WRITING, TOO. SOMETIMES, THINGS ARE FUNNY TO YOU WHEN YOU'RE SUPER TIRED. AND THEN YOU GO BACK AND READ THEM AND THIS IS NOT FUNNY. OR MAYBE YOU HAD A COUPLE GLASSES OF WINE WHEN YOU WRITE SOMETHING AND YOU'RE LIKE, WOW, I WAS ON THAT ONE.

>> MAYBE I'LL HAVE A COUPLE GLASSES OF WINE AND I THINK IT'S FUNNY.

>> MOSTLY I HAD A COUPLE GLASSES.

>> I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF COOKING ACCESSORIES AT HOME. WHAT'S YOUR GO-TO TOOL THAT YOU LOVE TO USE SO MUCH?

>> GOSH, IT'S SO HARD NOW. I'M BIG -- I'M SUCH A GARLIC NUT. I'M INSANE WITH ANY GARLIC HELPING TOOLS. WHETHER TO HELP PEEL THE GARLIC, OR PRESS THE GARLIC. MORTAR AND PESTLE, I JUST CRUSH IT. WHETHER IT'S JUST LIKE MAKING A GARLIC RUB. AND ALSO, IT'S LIKE BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH TO WANT TO KEEP OUT. FOR ME, THAT'S MY TOOL FOR EVERYTHING. A LOT OF PEOPLE NEVER WANTED ONE. I GREW UP HAVING A GIANT CLAY ONE IN MY HOUSE. MY MOM WOULD MAKE PAPAYA SALAD AND JUST BANG ON IT ALL DAY.

>> SO, HOW MUCH OF THAT MEMORY WENT INTO YOUR OWN LINE NOW OF COOKWAY? FIRST OF ALL, CONGRATULATIONS, HAVING A LINE OF COOK WARE AT TARGET.

>> THANK YOU.

>> IT WAS SUCH A SECRET FOR SO LONG, I STILL FEEL WEIRD TALKING ABOUT IT. I THINK WE ALL HAVE TARGET MEMORIES AND TARGET MEMES AND HOW WE GOT LOST THERE. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE'RE IN THERE, AND THE COLLECTION -- I MEAN, IT'S BEEN A COUPLE YEARS. AND IT'S BEEN, I WOULD SAY, LIKE JUST REALLY HAVE YOUR HAND IN SOMETHING LIKE YOU'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE. PEOPLE -- I'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE KIND OF INDUSTRY WHERE PEOPLE WANTED TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON SOMETHING. OR WHAT YOU WANTED. IT'S BEEN REALLY LIKE A MAGICAL, AWESOME RIDE. TO SEE THEY WANTED THE SAME THINGS I WANTED. I WANTED THINGS TO BE BEAUTIFUL. AND I WANTED THINGS TO BE HANDMADE LOOKING AND TIMELESS. I WANTED PEOPLE TO KEEP IT OUT. I WANTED TO GIFT IT. AND I WANTED THINGS TO GET BETTER AS THEY CHIPPED. OR GOT BETTER IF THEY GOT A SCRATCH ON THEM. AND I THINK WE REALLY NAILED IT. IT REALLY LOOKS BEAUTIFUL IN SO MANY DIFFERENT KITCHENS. I'M SO EXCITED TO MAKE PEOPLE PROUD OF THEIR KITCHEN.

>> I'M LOOKING AT WHAT YOU HAVE HERE. I SEE EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

>> YEAH.

>> I'M GOING TO GIVE THIS AWAY?

>> I'M TAKING IT HOME. I DO I HAVE LIKE A POT. BUT I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE GLASSWARE, YEAH. IF IT'S CHIPPED IT ALMOST ADDS MORE CHARACTER.

>> YEAH, THAT'S WHAT WE LOVE. I WANTED IT TO BE UNEVEN. I WANTED THE EDGES TO LOOK RAW. LIKE A PATTERN. IS THAT THE WORD? ARTISANS WORKING ON IT. AND A LOT OF OUR PIECES ARE LIKE THE WOOD. THE WOOD GRAINS DIFFER FROM PIECE TO PIECE. THAT WAS REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME. AND I REMEMBER APPROVING PIECES, THIS GLAZE IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM THIS GLAZE, BUT IT'S ALSO IN THE SAME BOX. I LOVE THAT, IT GIVES IT CHARACTER. IT GIVES IT PERSONALITY. THAT WAS REALLY IMPORTANT FOR ME.

>> HONESTLY, CAST IRON PIECES LAST SO, SO LONG. THEY GET BETTER WITH AGE. I'M A TRUE BELIEVER THAT YOU SHOULD KEEP THE HEAVY PIECES THAT JUST GET -- I HAVE DUTCH OVENS AND STUFF THAT HAVE LASTED 20, 25 YEARS OLD. WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO HAVE MY GRANDMOTHER'S THINGS AND STUFF. I LIKE BEING ABLE TO DO THAT FOR PEOPLE.

>> ALSO THE PRICE POINT ON THIS, YOU SAID TARGET.

>> LIKE EVERY DAY LOW PRICE, $3 -- WHOA! THAT’S DOPE!

>> YOU LOVE BUYING YOUR OWN STUFF.

>> I LOVE IT.

>> HOW IS THAT IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO DO A LINE AT TARGET?

>> EVERYTHING SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYBODY. I MEAN, THERE SHOULDN'T BE A PRICE TAG PUT ON WANTING TO BE PROUD OF THE THINGS THAT YOU OWN. AND WHAT BRINGS MORE PEOPLE TOGETHER THAN COOKING AND THE LOVE OF FOOD AND SHARING. AND BEING PROUD OF WHAT YOU'VE MADE. I WANTED PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO TAKE PICTURES AND SEND THEM OFF TO MY INSTAGRAM. WHERE I'M LIVING FOR THOSE MOMENTS WHERE I SEE PEOPLE LOVE WHAT HE MAKE. PEOPLE WOULD SEND ME PICTURES OF SOMETHING THEY'VE MADE ON A PAPER PLATE. I GET SO FREAKING EXCITED. I'M LIKE, THAT'S SOMETHING THAT I CREATED THAT YOU MADE. SO, TO SEE SOMETHING THAT I CREATED LIKE ON A PLATE OF MINE, I THINK I'LL LOSE IT. I WAS ALREADY PRETTY HAPPY. SO, YEAH, I REALLY WANT EVERYONE TO REALLY ENJOY EVER PIECE THAT THEY HAVE. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY THAT WE CAN DO THAT.

>> INSTAGRAM MUST BE REALLY FUN FOR YOU, ESPECIALLY AT MOMENTS LIKE THIS. WHAT IS IT THAT YOU LOVE ABOUT THE PLATFORM?

>> INSTAGRAM, I LOVE -- I REALLY GO THROUGH THE PICTURES YOU'RE TAGGED IN AND STUFF. THEY'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE. THEY'RE LIKE HUGE ASSES -- AND IT'S MY COOKING AND I'M LIKE, WHY IS MY CAT IN THERE. IT'S A HODGEPODGE. WHETHER THEY'RE COPYING A FACE THAT I MADE. OR CHICKEN WINGS ON THEIR BUTT, OUTSIDE THE POOL AND STUFF. I GET THAT A LOT. I REALLY LOVE BEING ABLE TO, I DON'T KNOW, I'VE ALWAYS LOVED TWITTER. I'VE ALWAYS LOVED INSTAGRAM. I PRAY NEITHER ENDS UP LIKE MYSPACE, BECAUSE I'LL BE SO LONELY. THESE ARE MY FRIENDS.

>> YOUR INSTAGRAM HAS BEEN SO FUN FOR MANY OF US. I WENT THROUGH AND PICKED OUT MY FAVORITE IMAGES OVER THE YEARS. I WANT TO SHOW IT TO YOU WHY I LOVED IT.

>> THIS ONE I LOVE BECAUSE YOU WERE LIKE, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. WHICH ONE PHOTO DO I CHOOSE, THE ONE THAT SHE'S NOT LOOKING OR I'M NOT LOOKING.

>> OR THE ONE WHERE THE SUN IS ROASTING HIM. AND I CHOSE THE ONE WITH THE SUN ROASTING HIM. BECAUSE I LOOK GREAT. IT'S SO HARD TO GET A PHOTO OF LUNA. SHE SEES THE CAMERA COMING OUT AND SHE IMMEDIATELY SWINGS AWAY. YEAH, I STILL FORGET ABOUT THE BABIES AND THEIR SENSITIVE SKIN WITH THE SON. HE'S ALIVE. HE'S AROUND, IF YOU GUYS SAW HIM. HE'S HERE.

>> I DO LOVE IT, SO MANY OF MY FRIENDS ARE MOTHERS AND YOU'RE HONEST ABOUT IT.

>> I DON'T THINK I'LL EVER NAIL A PHOTO WITH THE BOTH OF THEM. I THINK EVERYONE CAN RELATE TO THAT.

>> IT'S TOUGH.

>> THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP. ANOTHER REASON I LOVE INSTAGRAM, YOU LET US IN ON YOUR GROOMING HABITS.

>> OH, GOD.

>> YOU LET US IN ON YOUR GROOMING HABITS THE FACE MASK. AND WHAT YOU'RE MISSING IS THE VAGINA STEAMER.

>> I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WORKS BUT IT CAN'T HURT. VAGINA DISSOLVES. TURNS OUT IT CAN'T HURT, THOUGH. JUST GOING TO PUT THAT OUT THERE. I POSTED IT AND THEN ALL OF THESE INSTAGRAM DOCTORS ARE, LIKE, WHY ARE YOU PROMOTING THIS? I SAID, I LITERALLY SAID I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WORKS. YOU CAN IMAGINE IF I WORKED FOR McDONALD'S AND, THIS IS KIND OF GROSS, BUT HERE YOU GO.

>> LIKE, MY VAGINA, MY CHOICE. DO WHAT YOU WANT.

>> I WILL SAY IT'S A FABULOUS END TABLE NOW.

>> YOUR TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM, YOU TAKE YOUR STANCE ON POLITICS WHICH IS I THINK IS SO IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. I WANTED TO BRING UP THE NEXT PICTURE, NOT ONLY TO TALK ABOUT CURRENT POLITICS, BUT HAPPIER TIMES.

>> I KNOW. MOM AND DAD!

>> WHEN WAS THIS?

>> WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT -- GOSH. IT'S ACTUALLY HEARTBREAKING. YEAH, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS.

>> LOOK AT THEIR FACES.

>> I KNOW. I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS.

>> FOREVER, RIGHT.

>> AND THE LAST ONE I HAVE IS, OF COURSE, YOU COOKING IN THE KITCHEN, BECAUSE YOU REALLY -- FOR YEARS, YOU PUT UP PHOTOS OF YOU COOKING. AND I SEE HOW IMPORTANT IT IS BUT ALSO SEE YOU DOING IT.

>> I THINK THIS ONE, I WAS -- I DON'T KNOW, I STILL HAVE THIS ROBE, BY THE WAY, IT'S JUST MADE UP OF PATCHES AND PATCHES EVERYWHERE. LITERALLY, YESTERDAY, I FLEW WITH IT ON. AND I JUST CAN'T GET RID OF IT. THIS WAS LIKE MY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY. JUST BEING THE BEST MOTHER. JUST COOKING FOR MY FAMILY.

>> THIS IS SO MUCH EGG, THOUGH, DO YOU LITERALLY --

>> I COOK WHEN I DO EGGS. I DO LIKE A DOZEN AT A TIME. IT COOKS DOWN SO MUCH. THEY GET SO CREAMY. ALMOST CHEESY LIKE. IT'S LIKE FOUR PEOPLE WITH 12 EGGS. IT'S A LOT OF EGGS AND IT IS. THERE'S I LOT OF HEAVY CREAM IN THERE AS WELL.

>> I LIKE THAT TIP, THOUGH. GOOD TO KNOW.

>> REALLY SLOW, NEVER STOP STIRRING. AS SOON AS YOU STOP STIRRING, THEY'LL BURN. THEY'RE THESE DELICATE FLUFFY EGGS THAT TASTE LIKE A TON OF CHEESE BUT THEY DON'T.

>> YES, LESS CHEESE NOW.

>> LESS HAM, LESS CHEESE.

>> MORE BACON!

>> HI, CHRISSY, FIRST, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE COOKBOOK.

>> THANK YOU.

>> MY QUESTION IS, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY ARE JOHN'S BEST AND WORST PARENTING SKILLS?

>> OH, MY GOSH, HE WILL SAY NO. AND IF SHE ASKS ONE MORE TIME, HE'LL SAY YES. HE'S A BIT OF A PUSHOVER WITH LUNA, I THINK BECAUSE THEY LOOK SO MUCH A LIKE. HE'LL BE LIKE, OKAY, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL BEING. ANYTHING YOU WANT. HE'S AMAZING. HE'S AMAZING AT DIAPER CHANGING STILL.

>> HE REALLY IS -- HE GIVES THEM SO MUCH ATTENTION NO MATTER WHAT'S GOING ON IN HIS LIFE OR MY LIFE. OR WORKWISE. THEY NEVER FEEL LIKE THEY'RE SECOND TO WORK OR ANYTHING. AND HE'S REALLY GOOD WITH THAT. BUT, YEAH, HE NEEDS TO LEARN TO SAY NO. BECAUSE I'M THE TOUGH GUY, YOU KNOW. IT'S ALWAYS A THING IN ANY HOUSEHOLD, I GUESS. THERE'S ALWAYS ONE.

>> SHE'S STILL SO LITTLE.

>> I KNOW. I KNOW.

>> NEXT QUESTION.

>> HI.

>> HI.

>> I HAVE YOUR BOOK, I'M SO EXCITED.

>> THANK YOU SO MUCH.

>> MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS LUNA AND MILES’ FAVORITE RECIPE OF YOURS?

>> LUNA LOVES THE THAI FRIED RIBS. AND MY MOM MAKES A RICE PORRIDGE THAT SHE LOVES. SHE LOVES SOFT EGGS. EVERY MORNING, WHAT DID YOU EAT? SOFT EGGS. MILES IS STILL ON THAT MILK. JUST MILK. NO RECIPE.

>> AND LAST QUESTION.

>> HELLO.

>> HI. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BOOK. SUPER EXCITED TO USE IT.

>> THANK YOU.

>> I WANTED TO ASK YOU YOUR NUMBER ONE RULE FOR COOKING. MINE IS TO PUT BUTTER IN EVERYTHING.

>> I LOVE THAT. I HAVE VERY SIMILAR RULES.

>> I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANYTHING.

>> GOSH, I ALWAYS TRIPLE THE GARLIC LIKE IN ANYTHING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE REALLY HAVE A SUBVERSION TO HAVING THAT KIND OF BREATH. I DON'T MIND STINKY BREATH IF IT'S FOOD BREATH. I DON'T MIND COFFEE BREATH OR GARLIC BREATH OR ONIONS. TARTER, I MIND. YEAH, I ALWAYS TRIPLE THE GARLIC. AND I'M OBSESSED WITH DIAMOND CRYSTAL KOSHER SALT. EVEN TABLE SALT, IT HAS A HAND IN OVERPOWERING THE MEAL. AND I'M A SALT FREAK. YEAH, JUST BUTTER FLAVOR IN EVERYTHING. THIS IS NOT AN AD, NO CONNECTION WITH THEM AT ALL. YOU CAN BE HEAVY-HANDED WITH IT. IT MELTS GREAT. NOT AN AD. SO LUCKY I NEVER CALL OUT BRANDS EVER. THERE YOU GO.

>> YOU'RE LIKE AN ENDLESS SOURCE OF COOKING INFORMATION.

>> AND I COULD TALK FOREVER.

>> YOU DON'T HAVE TO. YOU CAN PUT IT IN A BOOK.

>> IT'S SO EASY AND FUN.

>> I'M GOING TO COME OVER. I LIVE UNTIL HARLEM.

>> HAVE YOU BEEN TO RED ROOSTER?

>> ALL THE TIME!

>> AHHH!! I'VE HAD THE CHICKEN ON DELIVERY. THEY'VE GOT GOOD MEATBALLS THERE. HELGA'S MEATBALLS. THEY'RE GOOD.

>> IF YOU GUYS CAN'T GET TO RED ROOSTER, GET THE BOOK. "CRAVINGS," EVERYWHERE BOOKS ARE SOLD. AND ALSO THE COOKWARE AT TARGET.

>> THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING. THIS IS AWESOME. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

Browse Collection